12.25.2009

Merry Christmas! One down; one started!

Merry Christmas everyone! Can't believe the holidays are already upon us...where has 2009 gone?!

We had a blizzard hit Lawton yesterday...which means we're currently celebrating our first White Christmas ever! Here's a view of the snow piled at the back door after it finally stopped:



And one of the front - this was before the snow stopped, and today, I can barely see my tires:



I was kicking myself yesterday because I was totally convinced nothing would happen. We were only under a winter weather advisory on Wednesday anyway when I got home, so I thought I could go out yesterday and pick up the last few things for Christmas. Um...yeah. No. The system took a dip and dumped seven inches of snow on us. So much for that. :P

We opened our gifts at midnight for Christmas, and I got one thing knocked out and another officially started. No. 98 is done; my sister got me an emergency kit for the car! I just need to add a couple of bottles of water to put in there, and I've already got blankets in there. Suhweet! Thanks sis! Here's the kit - which has a lot of stuff in it, lemme tell ya:



And...I GOT MY CROCKPOT!


Now, I just need to get a crockpot book and start using it. This thing comes with a lock-on lid and a temperature probe. I'm already in love. :)

This Christmas wound up being an awesome one. I got a flat screen [!!] from my parents, a Flip [!! again] camcorder [which is what i used to record jj walking], a Kevin Durant jersey [that actually fits - it's not one of those big jerseys, which super excites me] and other things. We were all quite spoiled this year. Overall, it was an awesome Christmas - and it's going to get better, because we're getting ready to eat. Yum.

That's all I got for now. I know I need to post pics from JJ's birthday and try to upload the video of him attempting to eat his cake, so I'll get on that later. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: