1.06.2010

Add one to #6, #42 and #65! Oh. No. 75 completely done, too.

Opening note: I don't have a computer cord. Mine broke in the fall, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet...hence the sporadic journal entries. I'm gonna order it soon [i need to stop procrastinating and just dig around for one online], but for now, I'm borrowing my sister's. Thanks sis!

Anyway. Over Christmas Break, J, my sister and I went on a road trip to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl - which fulfills no. 75, which was to go on a road trip to an away OSU football game. We left on the 1st for Dallas and met a friend at Razzoo's, this Cajun restaurant in Arlington. I'd never been there before, so this adds restaurant no. 4 to no. 42, which is to eat at 10 new restaurants. Woo! Check out the menu:


This is both my and J's menus back to back, so the menu isn't the length of the whole table. It's still long though! I had the andouille sausage with red beans and rice, along with a Bud with lime. The andouille was way spicier than I had anticipated, but it was still absolutely delicious. Alicia and I got a little annoyed because they had a million birthdays there that night and sang loudly for all of them, but it was still a fun restaurant with a great atmosphere. I'd go back again! I want to try their dirty rice. :)

After dinner, my sister and our friend went to see Avatar, and J and I went to visit family he has in the area. Because of the stupid snowstorm, we didn't get to spend any time with J's family during Christmas break, so we wanted to see this set of family before we left. They have two little girls and were dying to get out [they had a babysitter in the form of the wife's parents], so we all decided to go see a movie. That starts no. 65 on my list - woo! We saw "It's Complicated," and it was so much funnier than I thought it would be. I loved that movie. The ending was disappointing to me, honestly, but the whole movie was really good. I hope to see Sherlock Holmes and finally see New Moon next weekend...three day weekend!

The following day, we made our way to the Cotton Bowl. The Cotton Bowl wasn't held at the actual Cotton Bowl for the first time in forever; it was actually held here:


Ah yes...The House That Jerry Built. The Cotton Bowl was played at the new Cowboys stadium, and that place is INSANE. I love it there. I've never been in a stadium where you walk in and pretty much see nothing but seats and field in front of you...all of the escalators and food places were on the sides of the bowl. It was so neat.


Before the game started, Samsung hosted this concert outside. I don't know who the group was, but they were a cover band, and they were fabulous.


We all had fun dancing around with other OSU fans - seems like they were the only ones around the stage. Anyhoo, after the show ended, we went inside and walked around for a bit. They had this special room set up on the 2nd floor that had the cool Cotton Bowl trophy in it...too bad we didn't take it home.


We made it to our seats, where I took in the view.


I don't care that I was sitting in the nosebleed section..that place was INCREDIBLE! I loved it in there! And, thanks to the jumbo HD screen that goes from the 20 to the 20, there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. I hope to go back for an NFL game next season. Check out the screen...absolutely sick.


That was during coin toss...I got a lot of pics of the screen that day. Ha.

So we sat through the game...it wasn't the prettiest game in the world. OK - overall, the game sucked. We didn't play offense, there were no plays being called, Gundy was too scared to let Zac really do anything, and Perrish Cox had been suspended the day before, so he didn't play. Zac threw like, three or four INTs, including this one on the last play of the game/his college career:


Ugh. It was insane. We lost, 21-7, and finished the season 9-4. I hope during the offseason, Gundy hires an offensive coordinator that can make us a force to be reckoned with and help us keep up with our defense. I had a blast at the Cotton Bowl and in Dallas [for the like, 24 hours we were there, literally] - I can't wait to go back down there! Oh. I discovered an outlet mall in Allen...we are SO going back.

I have more I could probably write, but I'm exhausted and need to go to bed. Another update later!

No comments: