3.30.2010

Viva Las Vegas!

So, I haven't updated in awhile because...well, nothing's happened. The past nine days have been full of work, last-minute planning for our Vegas trip and cleaning. Well now, that's all in the past, and I'm blogging from Vegas!

But first, let me backtrack. I've been able to add some checkmarks to my 101 in 1001 list..the first being a huge update. My best friend and I got tickets to the Lady Gaga concert on July 20 in OKC! This starts no. 67, which was to go to three concerts. I'm still beside myself right now, but there's still a lot of time between now and July. As it gets closer, I'll definitely get more anxious and excited about it. For now, I'll just blast Gaga songs from my CD player and count the days until I can attend the biggest concert event of the year.

I also added another one to no. 28, which was to have dinner with friends eight different times. My best friend, her husband, J and I went out to dinner on our anniversary. Dinner was so fun. My best friend and I haven't been able to hang out a lot because of our separate lives in separate cities, but we've had more time to see each other lately - which has been great. We went to a Mexican restaurant back home, and I was successful in freaking some people out at a table behind us. The day we went was the same day Kansas lost and busted my brakcet [big time]. I yelled in despair, which freaked out the people behind us. Baha.

Project 365 is going pretty well. I've done really good with taking pictures - either with my regular camera or my camera phone - and it's been fun. My Project 365 blog is updated quite a bit with pics...I may not post all the time, but I DO take a pic every day and post with the date I took it and a caption. It's been super easy to do that in Vegas. :)

Yes yes. Our trip has finally arrived - J and I are in Vegas. We left for our vacation on my birthday, which was awesome. I wore a tiara to celebrate the occasion:

But I must remember not to stay up until 2am when we have to leave at 5am to catch an 8am flight. I was dead all day. Good thing about that was I could sleep on the plane...I never sleep on airplanes, but I did this time. We had a four-hour layover in Salt Lake City, but they had free WiFi, so we were able to stay occupied and walk the airport a bit.  Around 2 that afternoon, we were finally in Vegas!

After what felt like forever to get our luggage [well, my luggage - J got his right after we got to the baggage claim], stand in line for the shuttle and get our rental car [thank goodness i booked ahead of time, because there were no cars to be found], we were on our way to our hotel - MGM Grand. We've had a blast the past couple of days we've been here, walking the Strip and exploring the city. I've been able to add to my new restaurant count here - ate at two new ones in a single day!


The first place we went to was House of Blues for lunch. I've really been wanting to eat here, but we're never near the one in Dallas when we go down there. I found a coupon for $25 off on Restaurant.com, so I got it and was determined to use it. We walked down the Strip yesterday and made it to the restaurant, which is in Mandalay Bay [not luxor...note for next time].


I had the bacon cheeseburger with the sweet potato fries. I also had key lime pie, but I forgot to take a pic of that one. Both of them were SO good - the sweet potato fries were absolutely amazing. I was so stuffed after we ate here, but we found enough room for dinner last night at a new place.


I have been DYING to eat here. I got a coupon for a free appetizer from MGM Grand Dining's FB page, so I printed it off, made reservations and went hungry. The atmosphere there was so chill and classy...I loved it. Our waiter was funny, too.


We had SO much food. Our appetizer was this BBQ pork, shoyu chicken and roasted duck platter - that was SO good. J doesn't like the taste of duck, but I love it. I ate most of that platter by myself. :P Then, I had the almond-crusted lemon chicken, J had the sweet and sour chicken, and we split the garden fried rice. OMG - the chicken was SO good. I was in heaven eating that. I wish I had gone with a more empty stomach, because I just wanted to devour everything. Good thing our room has a fridge so we could bring home leftovers!

This trip has been so fun, and we still have a couple of days of exploring to go. At first, I was disappointed in it because it just didn't feel the same, but as we started exploring and doing our own things, it started to become a blast. Tonight, we're going to a Cirque show, eating at ESPNZone and maybe going GoKarting. Can't wait!

No comments: