4.18.2010

Finally. A breather to update.

I really need to get better at updating this blog. I still have been working on my list...just haven't updated this. Eep.

I'll just jump right into it. I started 30 Day Shred...well, sorta. I got it, and J and I did it the first day - but that was three days ago. It was a great workout, and I plan on sticking with it...we just haven't had the time or energy with little man being sick. Just after the first workout, I already felt great - and my knees don't creak as much. I had my MCL repaired in my left knee in 2003, and my right knee's always had issues [but no surgeries]. To feel a difference in my weak knees after the first 20-minute workout on level one was amazing. I love that DVD.


I added another dinner date to no. 28 - my best friend and I had dinner on Friday night when I got back into town. We just sat there for an hour and a half and just talked. It was SO awesome - I missed her! I already changed this on my list, but no. 29 has been started...I paid off our Kay card on the 1st! That card was what we used to buy our watched for Mother's Day/Father's Day last year, and we had set payments. I was able to pay it off early, and I'm glad it's finally done. Just three more to go...hopefully, another can be paid off by June, with the others coming along as they are at the moment.

Yesterday was the start of no. 60, which is to read 25 books. The bookstore on campus was having a half-off sale, so I went in on a whim and found an interesting book. The book was so interesting, I've already finished it - and I bought it Friday during my lunch break. It's call "Once Upon a Day" by Lisa Tucker. The book was absolutely fascinating...it's about this Hollywood power couple broken up by violence, the obsession to protect and the need to be free. A director falls in love with this struggling, innocent actress, and both are very successful. They wind up married with two children, but it all falls apart one day after two men rob their home and brutally attack the woman, almost killing her. Their daughter is locked in a closet for two hours while the men attack her mother, and the son finds her body - stabbed 17 times and burned, left for dead. The woman self-destructs over the course of two years, and the man has enough and moves his children to a secluded town in New Mexico while the wife is out of town shooting a movie, never leaving a trace of where they went. The children are homeschooled, never allowed to do anything dangerous, are never exposed to TV or the modern world...it's like they live in the 1950s and time has frozen around them. Nineteen years later, the son leaves The Sanctuary, the father gets very sick, and the daughter leaves to bring him home. The book follows the kids' journey towards discovering who they really are, who their mother really is [they'd been told she was dead] and how the outside world functions. I really, really liked it and am considering reading some of her other books. It feels good to read again.


I hadn't realized it, but I did watch two movies off the IMDB's list of 250 top movies [no. 63] - Monsters Inc. I watched it a few weekends ago. Of course, I've seen that movie a million times, but it never gets old. I also watched Ratatouille, one of my absolute fave animated movies. The first time I watched it, I didn't like it...but the second time, I fell in love. I really don't know why I love that movie so much...maybe it's the cooking or the French backdrop or Ratatouille himself - but that movie is one of my faves. Ever.

I started no. 71 on Friday, which is to donate $100 to ACS in honors of J's late dad. Relay for Life was at OSU this past weekend, and one of our student workers was participating...so I donated $10 towards the cause. I almost bought a luminaria, but I didn't have cash or my checkbook on me to do it. April 8 made three years since we lost J's dad to pancreatic cancer, and it still breaks my heart to think about him and how we lost him. His dad was such an amazing man with incredible drive and strength. I think his dad would be proud to see the man, the father and the future serviceman J has become. It makes me smile to think about it.

I have no idea what day I'm on with Project 365, but I've been keeping up with it. It's been fun to try and come up with something to take a picture of for the day that actually means something. It hasn't been that hard...and I hope it stays that way. I've also been adding grains of rice to my freerice.com count as I can...I just do it randomly. I thought about becoming a life member of the OSU Alumni Association this year, but they gave me a free year of membership, so I'll just wait until next year, I think. Doing it now will be pretty beneficial since, Lord willing, I'll be around long enough that the cost of becoming a life member will be cheaper than paying the yearly dues.

That's all I've got for the list for now. I'm going to do a separate blog entry with my other thoughts...I'm wide awake still, so might as well!

No comments: