1.24.2011

The workout plan.

Anyone remember that Kanye song, "The Workout Plan"? I'm sure you could Google or YouTube it and find it. I think of that when I think of my workout plan. :P

Today begins what I'm calling The Sister Challenge. My younger sister and I are both working towards certain fitness goals; I want to lose 10 pounds and train to run a 5K. My sister wants to learn how to do the splits/high kicks so she can try out to be a Thunder Girl for next season [no lie]. So, last week, we came up with a deal to motivate each other to keep working out. We have money tied to whoever doesn't complete the set workouts for the day/week...so that should also help us keep motivated. If we do everything we said we'd do workout-wise, we're treating ourselves to a sister date and dinner at the end of the month. I think we're going to keep this going until Thunder Girl tryouts, which are sometime this summer.

So, as you all know, I started 30 Day Shred almost a week ago. I did it 2.5 days [the .5 comes from the workout I tried to do Saturday, but JJ woke up in the middle of it], which isn't bad given my crappy exercise record. Tonight, I start 30 Day Shred up again and will be doing the Couch to 5K stuff three times a week for cardio purposes. I think I'll weigh myself once a week on the Wii to see how my progress is [and get some yoga in], too. I'm too afraid to buy a real scale - I'm afraid I'll start obsessing about weight.

I need to take a 'Before' picture, but I'll just do that tomorrow - don't want to wake up a sleeping JJ. I'm hoping my after picture will put me in size 8 jeans, but we'll see. My problem is I'm very impatient when it comes to things that take awhile to accomplish [like paying off debt, weight loss, school etc.]...so I need to curb my patience and channel it towards the workouts.

And now, I must go do 30 Day Shred before I get too tired [and dishes need to be washed, too]. Let The Sister Challenge begin.

No comments: