5.30.2011

Happy Memorial Day - a day of remembrance

Today is not just another holiday. It's Memorial Day - a day we all take a step back, reflect, and thank those who have risked or given their lives to wear the uniform of one of the branches of the Armed Forces. The men and women who have bravely fought [and died] for this country deserve thanks every single day, but today especially.

Military is in my blood. As you all know, my dad served, my late father-in-law served, my husband is currently in, and I have several family members who have or are currently serving. I grew up with a ridiculous amount of respect and appreciation for the Armed Forces, but I thought it was just because my dad was serving. Now that I'm older, my appreciation and respect has molded into one of admiration. I admire those who are willing to put their lives on the line so that I can sleep at night. I admire my husband for his willingness to make this country safer for me and my son.

No comments: