6.01.2011

WMW: Dear Husband [and Son]



After this entry, I'll blog about life lately - but this entry will focus on the two loves of my life.

Today's prompt said to write a letter to someone to express your gratitude, love, hopes and dreams etc. I decided to write two - one to my husband, J, and one to our son, JJ.

Dear Husband:

You are...just amazing. In the 6.5+ years we've been together, we've had our share of ups and downs. But through it all, you've continued to love me, support me and be there for me. For that, I'll forever be grateful.

I wish I could put into words how much I love and appreciate you. Even though we've spent a lot of our relationship in separate cities [and states], our love has continued to grow. When we first started dating [a month before I left for college], I thought we wouldn't make it. Now look at us. I'm pretty sure if we can make it through what we've been through the past 6.5 years, we can make it through anything.

What I want for you is to be happy. To advance in the Air Force. To never forget that I will always love you, always want the best for you, always be your No. 1 fan. I know it's not easy putting up with me, and thank you for doing that for so long. We have many, many years to go - and I'm excited to see what kinds of adventures our life together takes us on. I love you so, so much. Thank you for being you.

Love you always,
Wifey

Dear Son:

How did I get so lucky to become your mommy? When you were first born, I wasn't sure about motherhood - I was convinced I would screw it up every possible way. Now, 2.5 years later, you're a strong, happy little boy that keeps growing by the day. It's amazing, watching you grow.

I'll never be able to put into words the love I have for you. I've never loved anyone as much as I love you [not even your daddy, even though he's a close second], and my love for you continues to grow as you grow. I know that you and I already have our difference ["Pudding!" "No JJ - dinner first." "Pudding!"], but I think we're still learning the ropes of being mommy and son. I look forward to looking back on these days when you're older and sharing all these stories from your early years. Your ear problems, your love of being outside and car rides, your love of ice chips, your favorite blankie...I can't wait to tell you about them [and possibly embarrass you with them].

As you get older, I want you to know that I'm always going to be here for you - even when you think I'm not [and I know you will - I was a teenager not too long ago]. I don't ever want to pressure you to be perfect - I just want you to be YOU. I know that soon, you won't be my little boy anymore...but in my mind, you will ALWAYS be my little boy. And your happiness will ALWAYS be my No. 1 priority. I am so honored to be your mommy and look forward to many, many years of fun with you. I love you so much baby boy!

Love forever,
Mommy

No comments: