6.12.2012

More than halfway to baby!

So...I'm 25 weeks and 1 day pregnant [6 1/2 months]. Only 104 days left until my due date. How has the last 25 weeks flown by so quickly?

I know I meant to keep up with the pregnancy more in my blog, but let's face it - this pregnancy has been no walk in the park. Last week was the first full week since I was 6 weeks pregnant that I didn't feel like puking after everything I ate/drank. I do feel my energy coming back to me, but between keeping up with JJ and enrollment advising, I'm still fast asleep before 10pm most nights. That fact has made watching the NBA playoffs a little difficult, but that's what highlights and score alerts are for, right?

As of my last doctor's appointment a week ago, I've only gained like, 13 pounds. Doesn't really surprise me since I've had virtually zero cravings this pregnancy [i just eat what sounds good; with jj, i wanted cereal and ice all.the.time], but it kinda does since I gained close to 45 pounds with JJ. I know I have time to put the weight on, and I'm sure I'll gain a bit during my last trimester - but for now, things seem to be holding steady. Which is awesome. I think I've also been more conscious of what I'm eating and what I'm doing, because I really don't want to gain 45 pounds again. People keep telling me I look fantastic for being nearly 7 months pregnant, which is super flattering - but I still feel big. :P

Baby boy's activity has stepped up quite a bit the last few days, which is exciting and comforting. I always feel on edge when I don't feel him move for a bit, so I do the whole "drink some juice and lie down" thing to be sure he's OK. Usually, that'll do the trick - but lately, I've felt him moving on a pretty consistent basis. My favorite part of pregnancy is feeling the baby move, so I'm definitely enjoying it right now. He's kicking hard enough now that people can feel it on the outside [and i can see my belly move sometimes] - we're getting closer and closer to an outside baby. Eek!

We do have a name pretty much set in stone, finally - J and I have been at odds over names for most of my pregnancy. I think we finally picked one that we're both happy with...but I won't be saying anything about a name for a few more weeks until we finish exploring our options. I never realized it would be so hard to pick a baby's name! It was easy with JJ because he was named after J [and has my dad's middle name as his second middle name]. This time though, we started from scratch. I'm not one of those people that has name lists floating around, so I had no sense of what I wanted to name my second child whatsoever. Glad we finally came to an agreement on something; for awhile, I thought baby would come home with no name [and i'm not exaggerating, either].

Besides names and a few baby onesies I couldn't resist getting from Carter's, I pretty much have nothing else prepared for baby boy no. 2's arrival. Granted, we don't really have much to prepare for since we'll be reusing a lot of stuff from JJ...but I still feel like I should be more prepared than this. It was this way the last time, too, so I'm not quite sure why I'm silently freaking out about how time is flying and I need to get on the ball. Within the next couple of weeks, I'll start getting new crib sheets and look through JJ's old clothes for things the new baby can and can't wear, but we have all the other things - crib, car seat, stroller etc. I do want to find a doubles stroller that has a sit and stand option for JJ; that may be our only "big" purchase this pregnancy.

Things are starting to feel more real now. When I talk to people and they ask how I'm prepared for life with two kids...well, I'm not. I'll just have to jump into it headfirst once new baby arrives, because I have no idea what to expect. I'm grateful that JJ's potty trained and pretty independent, but I do worry about how he'll adjust to another human being in his life. He'll still be my firstborn and will still be the center of my world, but he'll be sharing it with his little brother now. I think that's what scares me the most - not the whole labor/delivery process, but all of us adjusting to four instead of three. I know we can do it though.

25 weeks, 2 days [haven't done this survey in seven weeks - yikes!]
Total weight gain: 13 pounds [first appt. weight = 167; appt. last week = 180].
Maternity clothes? Some of it's becoming a little snug, but for the most part, I'm comfortably in all my maternity clothes.
Sleep: Still hit and miss, but getting better. Wish I could sleep all the way through the night though - I get up most nights because I have to pee or I'm hungry.
Best moment this week: Not baby related, but JJ had his first swim lesson yesterday. :)
Food cravings: Yeah...none. Which is weird to me, but at least I'm not eating the same thing over and over again.
Gender: Everyone knows, but it's another boy. :)
Belly Button in or out? Still in for now, but I don't think it will be for much longer.
What I miss: Same 'ol - sleep, wine and sleep.
What I am looking forward to: My mom's coming back from her trip to Hawaii this weekend. She's bringing back awesome Hawaiian clothes, jewelry and food. Sweet.
Weekly Wisdom: Never take kiddos for granted. They grow so fast.
Milestones: Viability Day was a week ago - and I'm near the end of 2nd tri. Wow.
Differences between #1 & #2: Nausea has finally gone away - I think it stuck around for a good 6 weeks longer than the first time. I've had more issues [feet tingling, pelvic pain etc.] this time around than with JJ...probably because I've had to be more active this pregnancy because of work and chasing him around.

No comments: