9.29.2009

Proud mama moment.

So this has nothing to do with my list or preparing to start my list [two days!]. I just wanted to note this day in history.

My son crawled for the first time this morning.

He was on my bed while I was gathering his stuff for the day. He rolled over to grab a bottle cap, but I moved it away from him. He rolled back over and started to crawl towards it. I didn't believe he was actually doing it and thought the blankets were helping him move along, so I put him on the floor to see if he'd do it.

He got to crawl six steps before I picked him up, spun him around and alerted the media [aka my family].

I can't believe he's actually crawling. He's still getting the hang of it...he alternates between belly slithering and actual crawling...but he's been so close to doing it for weeks that I think I'm still in shock he actually did it. I've been excited all day about it, but I've also started thinking about all the babyproofing stuff I need to do, like:

* Purchase baby gates
* Purchase electrical outlet protectors
* Start putting all the small stuff out of reach
* Drop his crib so he can't slither out
* Get soft stuff for corners

I'm also debating surrounding my bed and his crib with padding so if he happens to roll over, at least he land on something soft. However, I never leave him alone in either place while he's up [and he's in his crib while he's sleeping], so I may skip it.

I can't believe my son has six teeth [with seven and eight on the way], is crawling and is getting better at walking with assistance. Pretty soon, he'll be one year old, talking, running and keeping this mommy on her toes even more than she is now.

Where does the time go?! I mean, just a year ago, I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and anxious, nervous and excited. Now, my son's going to be 10 months old on Sunday, and he's hitting all these major baby milestones. It blows my mind.

My co-workers were right when they told me this quote...life is long days and short years.

No comments: