9.24.2009

Why I'm doing this.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'd been contemplating this for a little bit, then I started a list and didn't finish it. Today, I started Googling it [yes, I turned Google into a verb - and yes, you can find ANYTHING on the Internet], and I read a bunch of lists from other people. They inspired me to get my butt in gear and actually do my own list.

My ambitious attempt at this list goes deeper than this, though. The past 18 months have been the absolutely most challenging months of my life. Since I turned 22, I've:

* Gotten pregnant
* Graduated from college
* Been unemployed and moved back to Lawton
* Gotten a job and moved BACK to Stillwater
* Given birth to my amazing son
* Gotten married
* Turned 23...

...and been faced with a lot of emotional challenges that I can't even put into words here. I've been through the ringer with work, mommyhood and my marriage. I've lost sleep, lost weight, thought things a million times over and put myself [mentally] in a billion different scenarios. I feel like I've lost touch with myself, and it's affecting my job, my marriage and my ability as a mom. This list is my attempt to get back in touch with myself and re-focus my energies on other things.

When I was in school, I always felt a sense of accomplishment because I was constantly working on some project or taking some test or involved in some group. But now that I've graduated, I don't have that same sense of accomplishment that I can share with others. Sure, I feel a sense of accomplishment every time JJ hits a new milestone, but that's just different. This list will give me that sense of accomplishment and bring back that self-competitive nature that I had when I was in school. And, this could give me the motivation to finish things I always said I wanted to do but never really got around to doing. No excuses now...these are in writing, and I'm more than determined to start.

I really wish I could start today, but I've gotta be patient and wait a week. I know at first I'll be super pumped to do the list, but as the days tick by, I'll lose it. That's why I need you guys to be my support and backbone and tell me to keep going. :)

I promise to keep this updated...and to feature pictures as often as I possibly can. Thanks for reading!

No comments: