10.01.2009

No. 92 done - 100 things about me

This list was harder than I thought it would be...but I got the first check done on my list! Eek!

100 Things About Me

1. My sister and I are 16 months, 3 weeks and 1 day apart in age.

2. My dream schools were Duke, Yale, UNC and NYU growing up.

3. I love my BB and will never ever get rid of it.

4. I’m addicted to e-mail and have to check it all.the.time.

5. I hate the dark and would rather sleep with a light or TV on if I can help it.

6. I don’t mind being alone – I usually catch up on my sleep then!

7. I hate cleaning the bathroom but would rather do that than dishes.

8. I love doing laundry – even the folding.

9. Before JJ was born, I didn’t want to have my first child until I was at least 25.

10. I PPH pizza – especially thin crust pepperoni.

11. I’m not a big fan of seafood. I’m finally getting a taste for shrimp and lobster. Will NOT eat fish.

12. I haven’t been able to eat banana bread since I ate too much when I was in 2nd grade and got sick. I’ll only eat my mom’s banana bread, it has to have chocolate chips in it and butter on top [AND be warmed up], and I won’t eat a lot of it.

13. I love taking and being in pictures…would rather take them though.

14. I played the violin for six years. Miss it.

15. I was going to OU up until the spring semester of my senior year – then I changed my mind.

16. OSU is the only college I applied to – good thing I knew I could get in.

17. Sangria = ♥

18. I wear a size 12 shoe. Makes it REAL hard to find cute dress shoes.

19. I love bowling. Even though I suck at it, I love to bowl.

20. I taught myself how to type – by taking the books my dad had checked out from the library to teach himself how to type. Ha. I was 9 when I did this.

21. My dad was in the Army for more than 24 years before he retired in 2005. I’m so proud to be his daughter.

22. I’m half Hawaiian, half black. And yes, my hair is real.

23. I used to hate having curly hair because I didn’t like dealing with it – love it now though.

24. I’m a jeans, t-shirt and flip flops kinda girl. Dressing up is not my thing if I can help it.

25. I used to have really bad acne growing up but never wanted to use the meds because they dried my face out and made me feel like crap. I’m glad I grew out of it.

26. I’m super self-conscious about my appearance. Always have been; always will be.

27. I played volleyball for five years. I never really took it seriously but wish I had.

28. I had surgery on my left knee in January 2003 – tore my MCL and rehabbed for four months. Luckily, I got to play my senior year of high school [with a brace].

29. I can’t hula to save my life – but my aunts and mom are fabulous dancers. My mom used to dance for Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii.

30. I. Love. Ice.

31. I think lipgloss is fantastic.

32. I used to collect basketball cards; still buy a pack every now and then.

33. Christmas is my favorite holiday by far, followed by Thanksgiving and Halloween.

34. I have a phobia of loud noises. Thunder, fireworks, cannons, guns…if it’s loud, I cover my ears. That’s something I’m pretty sure I’ll never outgrow.

35. I hate thunderstorms. I always get anxious when they roll through because I’m afraid they’ll turn into a tornado.

36. I love snow! I wish we’d get it more often here instead of stupid ice.

37. I bought the car I have now by myself when I was 20. That wasn’t my first car though – my dad got me an ’89 Deville my sophomore year of college. That was our pimpmobile.

38. I’ve been to 20 states and Washington D.C. Next state I want to go to: Massachusetts.

39. I’m a HUGE Dallas Mavericks fan.

40. CFB and CBB are my loves. Not a big NFL fan, but I’ll watch the games.

41. The only magazine subscription I have is to ESPN: The Magazine.

42. I would much rather write with pen than pencil if I can help it.

43. I’ve been keeping a journal off and on since I was 9. I’ve got like, 20 of them.

44. My dream job would be to either work for ESPN or the Mavs.

45. I’m not a big fan of shorts or skirts because that means I have to shave my legs. And I hate shaving.

46. I’m not a good cook…but I’m working on it!

47. I started out at OSU as a chem major…that lasted all of two weeks before I decided to change my major

48. My husband and I lived across the street from one another for three years before we started dating.

49. My fave vacation spot is Vegas. I love that place.

50. I proudly own all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls.

51. I had the highest GPA in my graduating senior class [4.4] but wasn’t valedictorian because I didn’t have a 4.0 unweighted GPA. I was ranked fifth. Whatevs.

52. I hyphenated my last name when I got married…and went from 4 to 14 letters. Holy moly.

53. I hate sand. Seriously. I do.

54. I was born in Germany and moved to the States when I was almost 2. Never been back overseas since.

55. I’d love to learn ASL and Spanish.

56. *N Sync is my first love. I’ll always be their fan…I used to be SO obsessed with them.

57. I used to love and life for drama…but now that I’m older, I hate it.

58. I’m not a fan of talking on the phone unless I’m talking to my immediate family or husband. I’d rather text or e-mail. I used to get in trouble for being on the phone too much, so now, I don’t like being on it.

59. I am NOT a fan of the hot weather. Fall is my favorite season for a reason, followed by winter. I just hate heat and would rather be cold so I can bundle up.

60. My dream car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The old style.

61. I missed half my senior prom because I got food poisoning. Apparently didn’t miss much during that half.

62. I used to hate orange.

63. I watch The Young and the Restless every day. My mom’s been a fan since before I was born, and I used to watch it with her growing up.

64. I’m a night owl –I’ll sleep as late as I can and stay up as late as I can.

65. I adore the Wii – especially Rock Band. I’m not coordinated enough to use the other consoles.

66. My common sense eludes me sometimes.

67. I love my job. I seriously do.

68. I have 34 first cousins on my mom’s side of the family and 15 second cousins with two more on the way. My mom’s the only one who had less than 4 kids out of her biological siblings [she has half-siblings, too].

69. I’m born and raised Mormon.

70. Carnations are my fave flower ever.

71. I got my ears pierced when I was 19…and only got them pierced because Oprah did for her 50th birthday. Not kidding.

72. I graduated from OSU with a 3.85 GPA and with my Honors degree. Worked my tail off in college.

73. When I was in high school, I never spent more than two weeks apart from my parents ever – and I did that when I went to arts camps.

74. I’m a recruiter for OSU-Stillwater. My sister recruits for OSU-OKC. We were both PR majors in college, too. We’re inseparable.

75. The only thing I won’t eat that my mom makes is macaroni salad – because I hate mayonnaise.

76. I’m notorious for losing things. I’m super horrible at it.

77. I’m not big on friends. I have a lot of acquaintances and a few people I consider close.

78. I could spend all day on the Internet if I was allowed to do so.

79. I hate roller coasters and normally refuse to ride them. I’m not a fan of amusement parks, too…last time I went to Six Flags was in high school. And I didn’t ride anything but the bumper cars.

80. I’ve never been to the state fair in Oklahoma – and I’ve lived here 15 years.

81. I’ve been to DisneyLand – went when I was 8. We’re planning on going to DisneyWorld as soon as JJ’s old enough to remember it.

82. My fave perfume is Emporio Armani Diamonds. J got it for me for Christmas one year, and I LOVE IT.

83. I love to travel. If I could, I’d do nothing but travel.

84. I also love to drive and go on road trips. Those are the best.

85. I’m debating taking singing lessons – I’ve always wanted to.

86. I wanted to be a cheerleader and tap dancer growing up. Mom never let me take lessons or cheer. Boo.

87. I’m one of those people who believes that everything happens for a reason.

88. I love to plan things out – I’m not a very spontaneous person, which drives J nuts.

89. I don’t like beer. At all.

90. I don’t like warm homemade chocolate chip cookies – I only like Chips Ahoy or the premade cookie dough as hot cookies. Don't ask me why.

91. I. love. steak.

92. I got my first cell phone when I was 17.

93. I love watching my son grow up…it’s such an amazing process. I never knew I’d love someone as much as I love him.

94. I love go-karting. Haven’t been in awhile, but it’s so fun.

95. My dream vacation would have to involve some sort of vineyard. I love wine.

96. I don’t like wearing shoes – my toes are claustrophobic. OK, not really, but I still hate wearing shoes.

97. I LOVE decorating for Christmas.

98. My husband is the best kisser I’ve ever encountered. Ever.

99. My family and I are super, super close – closer than most. I talk to my mom and sister every single day.

100. I have the most amazing life ever. Period.

 
Off to a good start...

No comments: