11.07.2009

No. 91 started: 5000-question survey

I don't have much of an update, but I figured I'd better start the 5000-question survey since I have no idea how long it'll take me to answer that many questions. :)

1. Who are you? Ebonie Kalaiwale Hill-Williamson
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you? I'm a wife, a mommy and proud Oklahoma State University graduate.
3. Who did you take this survey from (the entire survey is available here: http://www.myspace.com/5000_question_survey)? I saw it on several other 101 in 1001 lists and thought it'd be fun to do! Surely I can get this done in 2.5 years...
When you aren't filling out 5000 question surveys, what are you doing? Working, sleeping, playing with my baby boy, spending time with friends or family, traveling, shopping...
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). I loved English - that was my favorite subject. I was decent at math, but I hated it - especially calculus. I also loved American History, especially in college.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year? Make JJ's first birthday as memorable as possible.
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? I want to be the mommy to another little one, settled somewhere with my husband and happy. I'd love to be close to Oklahoma, but don't know if that'll happen.
7. What stage of life are you in right now? I'm in family mode. I've been married for almost eight months, have an almost one-year-old and have been working full time for more than a year now [and graduated from college 18 months ago].
8. Are you more child-like or childish? I'd say childish. :P
9. What is the last thing you said out loud? NO idea...it's been awhile since I've talked out loud since everyone else but me is sleeping.
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? Black Eyed Peas' "Meet Me Halfway."
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes? Nope.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same? Life just gets better. There are always bad days mixed in, but it tends to get better.
13. Does time really heal all wounds? Ya know...it does. It may take forever, but it does.
14. How do you handle a rainy day? I typically stay in and sleep. :)
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights? Losing luggage. At least I can replace the lights if I can't get them untangled...luggage is usually harder to replace.
16. How is your relationship with your parents? I'm very close to both of them, but I'm a little closer to my mom.
Will you miss them when they are gone? Most definitely. It'll be very hard for me to lose them.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you? More than people give me credit for...I'm not dense.
18. What is the truest thing that you know? That I'm really, really blessed.
19. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher or a doctor. Teacher thing could still pan out; doctor thing died in college.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance? Yes - more than once.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker? More of a giver. Annoying sometimes.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind? I try to do that as much as possible.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you? Recovering from having my son. The labor and delivery part weren't that bad; getting through the recovery stuff was bad.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you? When J and I were just dating, he broke up with me for almost three months. Never want to feel that way again.
25. Who have you hugged today? No one yet!
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you? Nothing yet...still very early in the day!
27. Do you have a lot to learn? OH yeah. Learn something new everyday.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Play basketball [and actually play/be able to shoot]
B Sing well
C Learn Spanish fluently
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel? What other people say, definitely.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship? Honesty, respect, love, communication and mutual agreement.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Visit every state in the country
B Go on a hot air balloon ride
C Watch my grandchildren grow up
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Eating bugs
B Watching my children die
C Jumping out of a plane
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause? I really believe in cancer research...after losing my FIL to it in 2007, I just know there's a cure out there.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
The 19..
20's: Flappers.
30's: Great Depression.
40's: WWII.
50's: The American Dream.
60's: Hippies.
70's: Jimi Hendrix.
80's: Awesome movies.
90's: Awesome cartoons.
2000 (so far): Too much to put down...I was in high school and college during this decade!
2010's: Nada yet!
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? The 2000s...I pretty much grew up during this decade and have so many fond memories. This is definitely the decade I remember the most.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? Oh my gosh...I don't know! There are too many! I guess The Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand".
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country? I live in the United States of America, where our president is Mr. Barack Obama. Very proud to be a citizen of this nation with a president like Mr. Obama.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be? Thank you.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night? ESPN!
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why? Um...I don't know. I'll have to think about this one.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout? Nope. Had a desire to be for a little bit, but then we moved to Oklahoma.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat? Fly please.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night? Something about particles and sun and blah blah blah. Personally, I think it's blue during the day because blue is such an awesome color, and it's black at night so people can get some rest.
43. What does your name mean? No idea, really. I should look into that...
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? Outer space. That would be SO cool.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Jordan.
Meat: Loaf.
Different: Places.
Pink: Love the color.
Deserve: A raise.
White: Stripes.
Elvis: Still alive.
Magic: Kingdom!
Heart: Very fragile. Don't break it.
Clash: What could happen soon in my life if things don't settle down.
Pulp: Fiction.
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be? My mom's mom. I want to see what she was like and just how much alike she and my mom are; apparently, my mom looks almost exactly like her.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? Justin Timberlake. :)
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday? Probably the first Harry Potter. I can quote that thing.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do? Cell phone, fully charged MP3 player, laptop, Twilight series, enough food for the week, extra clothes, a functioning toilet...
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved? Nope. Life is still young though.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: What happens when you eat fruit and try to Google at the same time.
Ambytime: The time you check out of the world every single day. Ambytime can last as long as you want it to...as long as you're not checked into your earthly surroundings!
Armcactus:  Condition in which someone has really hairy, prickly arms.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands? I made this awesome jewelry pot for my mom in 1st grade. She used that thing forever.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child? I loved flash cards. I was such a nerd.
54. How many TV’s are in your house? I have one in my apartment, and we have three in my parents' house. Only really use two though.
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Walk. I love going for walks.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow? Peace.
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true? A LOT. It's weird.
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? Nope, but I'd like to go.
59. What is your idea of paradise? Hawaii. That's where my mom's from. :)
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like? Yes...I believe in the God that my religion has told me about.
61. Do you believe in Hell? I do...which is something that doesn't mesh with my religion.
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't? Gone to Hawaii. I lived there for six years.
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done? Oh gosh...I don't know...
64. Are you a patient person? Nope. I try very hard to be patient, but it doesn't always work.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't? The "Ebonie is Awesome and Is Giving Everyone a Day Off" holiday.
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does? I think Labor Day is pointless. Don't get me wrong - I love having the day off. Still trying to figure out what its purpose is though.
67. What's the best joke you ever heard? Too many to put down - and I'm that person who remembers the joke and can laugh at it, but I can't get it right to save my life.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been? DisneyLand. I wish I could remember more than I do, but I know it was awesome.
69. Is your hair natural or dyed? All natural baby. Always has been.
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front? I've got a couple of pretty deep ones...but for the most part, I'm an open book
71. What is under your bed right now? At my house? Some board games, and I think my yearbooks are under there...in Stillwater, must dust bunnies.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home? I'd want to go home. There's no place like home, right?
73. If you drive do you frequently speed? I typically go at least five over...it's very rare that I go the actual posted speed limit.
74. What is the world's best song to dance to? I have to name just one?! I would say "Let Me Clear My Throat." That's always fun to dance to in the club.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone? "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. :)
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers? Disney please.
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo? Penguins! I think they're so cute!
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? Yes. I'm a hopeless romantic.
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off? I think we'd all fall over and then float away.
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it? Sleep. I can't make it through a day without sleeping.
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick? Oh gosh...the right to be stupid.
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole? Equator. I'd rather be hot and figure out how to cool down than cold and figure out how to get warm - I'm not game on trying to keep myself from freezing to death.
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television? Watching television. I can't live without music, but I can go without TV.
84. What do you think makes someone a hero? Compassion, sacrifice and respect.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in? Rugrats. :)
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach: Needles. They make me want to vomit when I see them and know they're meant for me.
87. What was the last thing you paid for? Gas. About to be food - gotta go shopping.
88. Are you a coupon clipper? Not really...need to be though.
89. Get anything good in the mail recently? Um...not really. Not yet, at least - waiting for books and JJ's wagon for his birthday to come in.
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling? Dancing!
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends? I think so. Nothing's changed physically, the person has all the memories...now, if the person's mannerisms change, that's a whole different story.
92. What insects are you afraid of? Everything. Seriously.
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say? "Stick that in your juice box and suck it."
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn? Probably random Halloween costumes; I'm not big on being eccentric with my clothes.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be? Fried chicken. Yum.
96. What are your parents interested in? Their grandbaby, pretty much. :P
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet? My dad's caught a tarantula before and kept it as a pet. It had to stay outside, and I hated it.
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal? Yeah. No.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans? Plans.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest? At night. I am such a night owl.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring? Cell phone, blanket and water. And be sure to eat a lot of food before I go. :P
101. What does happiness/joy feel like physically? It's so hard to describe...you can't stop smiling. You feel light and like nothing can spoil it. It's just so hard to put into words what that type of feeling feels like...
102. List five people you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.
A My son, JJ
B My husband, Joe
C My sister, Alicia
D My mom and dad
E My doggies
103. How many movies have you gone to see this month? None. I rarely go to the movies. I may go tonight though.
104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for? I'd wish for JJ to grow up and be a healthy, strong man; for my sister to find eternal happiness; and for my parents to live a long, fulfilling life.
105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense? I scream, throw things, cry...or I just listen to music REALLY loud and go for a drive.
106. How much money would it take to get you to drive to school naked in the springtime and get out of the car? Millions upon millions of dollars.
107. Have you ever killed an animal? Nope.
108. Have you ever lost someone close to you? Yes - my father-in-law in 2007. He wasn't my FIL then, but we were close. I miss him everyday.
109. What do you think of cloning? I'm for it...but my brain always goes to those sci-fi movies where clones take over the world, and I get nervous.
110. Do you read or watch TV more often? Watch TV...I just now started getting back into reading.
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety? I don't know...I am if it guarantees that we'll all be safer.
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive? I'd kill his ass slowly. Very, very slowly.
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body? Nope.
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV? Both, several times.
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes? I won postcards once...
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition? Nope. Well, I've won an academic team competition as a part of a team, and orchestra contests as part of a whole group, but that's it.
117. Do you like to watch The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross (check out this link if you don't know who he is. Also please note me if you notice the link is broken) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross_(painter)? Yeah. No.
118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living? No idea what my great-grandparents did...my mom's dad doesn't work, and my mom's stepmom works for a catering company in Maui.
119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history? I'm sure, especially since my mom's Hawaiian and dad's black. Haven't taken the time to investigate though.
120. Is there anyone you trust completely? Yes - my sister, best friend and Joe.
121. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye? Yup. Didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Jonas and FIL.
122. How do you feel about women in politics? Girl power! As long as they're competent and intelligent, I'm totally fine with it.
123. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool? Indoor Jacuzzi. I could use it whenever I wanted.
124. What things are you interested in that you study or read about on your own? I love American Colonial history...I could read and research it for days. I also love learning about new things, especially sports - I want to learn more about football.
125. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent? Yes. I'm not very good at the common sense thing though.
126. Would you consider yourself to be wise? For the most part.
127. Have you ever given or received a lap dance? Neither. Be fun though. :p
128. Have you ever spoken to a homeless person? Yes - for a few brief seconds.
129. Would you ever creep into the subway tunnels to go exploring? Nope.
130. If you could add 70 years to your life but only by making some random person die 70 years sooner would you? I couldn't live with that burden. No.
131. Can you finish any of the following lyrics? Side note: I did NOT know these beforehand. Thanks Google!
A: Nothing to kill or die for...And no religion too/Imagine all the people/Living life in peace...
B: Late comings with the late comin' stretcher...That's a body bag in disguise y'all betcha/I call 'em body snatchers quick they come to fetch ya?/With an autopsy ambulance just to dissect ya
C: I could make a film and make you my star...You'd be a natural/The way you are/I would like you on /A long black leash/I would parade you/Down the high street
132. Were you ever with someone while they died? Nope.
133. Would you rather be a world political leader or a rock star? World political leader. I'd want to be a part of the type of change they can make.
134. Have you ever given someone a love letter that you wrote? To Joe, yeah. LONG time ago.
135. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail? Yup.
136. Are you looking forward to any concerts right now? Nope...but I'm going to see Gabriel Iglesias in February! Yay!
137. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you've ever seen? Lion King.
138. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving? I always listen to JT and my random smattering of hip hop, R&B and rap people.
139. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished? I don't know...honestly. I don't. I'd be super impressed if someone found a cure for cancer, AIDS or diabetes...
140. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you? Be themselves and treat me right. Those two are hot.
141. About how many emails do you get a day? Way too many. Holy cow.
How many of those emails are junk mail? Not too many...a handful.
How many of them are forwards? Even less - I probably get one forward a week.
142. What is your favorite thing to do online besides filling out surveys? Shopping. :)
143. Do you believe Kurt Cobain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain) killed himself or was it a conspiracy?  I think he killed himself.
144. Have you ever thought about hitchhiking across the country? I could NEVER do it. Creepy.
145. Who would you bring with you on this kind of a road trip? I couldn't ever do this type of trip because I have too much stuff. I guess I'd bring my wallet, clothes, blanket, shoes...I'd need a suitcase for this trip.
146. Of the following, which word best describes you: accurate, bold, charming, dependable: I would say dependable.
147. If you are single, at about what age do you think you will be ready to settle down and get married? If you are married, how old were you at the time? I was 22 when I got married...been married for almost eight months now.
148. Do you often wonder, when you say goodbye to people, if it is the last time you will ever see them? I do...I hate that thought, but I have it a lot.
149. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing when it comes out? NEW MOON!
150. What is your quest? Don't have one. Want to give me one?

No comments: