11.04.2009

No. 19 and No. 42 started!

I finally started two other things on my list! No. 19 is to buy JJ 50 books...and I just got him five Dr. Seuss books for his birthday. He's got: The Cat in the Hat; Hop on Pop; ABC 123; and I think he got Green Eggs and Ham. I don't remember the fifth one...bagh.

I also started No. 42, which is to eat at 10 new restaurants. I ate a Crepe Myrtle today, which is this awesome restaurant on The Strip in Stillwater. I've been here more than five years, and I've NEVER eaten there...boo on me. I had the fried chicken strips with honey mustard sauce and seasoned curly fries, and I am SO stuffed. It was absolutely delicious! I heard they have awesome burgers, too, so I'm gonna have to go back and eat there again soon. Yum.

So Halloween has come and gone, and I had a pretty awesome costume this year:


I was a sexified Hermione Granger for Halloween. The ref costume came in Friday night at like, 6:30, but it didn't fit right. So I went to the party store and bought this one - and it fit perfectly. Add the cape, the wand, the glasses and my boots, and it was perfect. I know people thought it was skanky, but I loved it. I'm finally getting comfortable with my body again after having JJ, and I showed it off just a little bit. After the dismal loss to Texas [I'll rant about that later], I went out with my sister and two friends to the bars with my costume. The pic is of me and my buddy Jason before we headed out for the night. The bars were a little boring, but it's all good - I still loved my costume. :)

Today makes exactly one month until my little man turns a year old. Oh my goodness - where has the last year gone?! I keep thinking back to a year ago, when I was in my last month and so nervous and excited, and I wasn't sleeping or eating well, and I was so uncomfortable but so ready to meet him...and now, he's becoming a big boy and trying to walk [well, run, at least] and trying to say more words...it just blows my mind how fast this year flew. I think time flies faster after you have kids because you watch them grow up in front of your eyes. It's such a bittersweet thing for me. We started ordering Christmas and birthday presents, and I've got an idea for his birthday invitations that I'll figure out in my mind over the next couple of days.

Work's been crazy busy, as always, but I'm finally getting caught up with stuff. Got an event this weekend, two events next week and then an event next weekend, and I'm pretty much done with the semester. Thank goodness. I'm just hoping to make it to Christmas in one piece...we'll see how that goes.

That's all I've got for now; I'll be able to update more once I get my computer cord in. I've been putting off ordering it, but I've got to get it now - I'm sick of not having a computer at home [especially now that I have a fantasy basketball league and can't keep up with all the games]. Speaking of sports, my boss made a comment the other day that he's impressed that I'm so into sports. I'm not quite sure when my true obsession for sports began...probably when I came to college, since OSU is a Big 12 school and all...but it's gotten worse over the past four years. I know it drives my mom insane that I can sit there and watch SportsCenter for hours at a time, even though stuff doesn't change on it during that time. Hee.

Well, white cards call me. I'll update again soon!

No comments: