2.07.2010

Add on to #6 and #19; starting #22 and #97; done with #57!

Writing this entry excites me, because I feel like I'm actually accomplishing stuff. :)

We'll start with No. 6...J and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday night for wings and basketball. Some people may not consider that a date night, but that was definitely a date night for us [and the perfect one for two wings-lovin', basketball-watchin' people]. Our server was someone that used to live in Stout with me...such a small world! Next weekend, H and I will do a Valentine's Day lunch somewhere and exchange gifts. Still not sure what I'm going to get him...probably something small since our anniversary, birthdays and Vegas trip are quickly approaching.

I added three more books to JJ's book collection. My mom bought three Mary Engelbreit [of course] Mother Goose books from Sam's today that JJ absolutely loves. She started reading them to him in the store, and he was totally into them. He really loves being read to, which is awesome. He doesn't sit still all the time when I read to him, but we do try to read a book every night before he goes to bed.

No. 22 will be coming around at the end of the month. Alicia and I are going to a Thunder game for Girls' Night Out! We have seats in the 200s, get maragrita glasses, will have a group photo after the game AND get a chance to meet a Thunder player. I'm really curious as to who this player will be...I'm super excited about it. I haven't been to a Thunder game in weeks, and now that Alicia's moved out of Stillwater, I don't see her as much. It'll be nice to do this.

I also started no. 97, which is to add comments to other people's blogs. I actually started this one a few days ago and forgot to mention it. AND, I got to cross off no. 57, which was to advance at my job...now that I've moved on to bigger and better things, I feel like I can cross it off the list. So thrilled! I've also written in my personal journal for three days in a row [that's big for me, considering I usually leave big gaps in between my entries] and added more to my freerice.com entry.

Things have been a little crazy lately on our end...JJ's been really sick, which has sucked. We were snowed in last week, and while we were there, he developed a bad cough and cold. At one point, he had a 104 fever, and I was freaking out. I took him to the doc on Monday, and they gave him cough medicine...but didn't say if he had anything else. I'm pretty sure he had the flu, but he was never tested. He also developed pink eye in both eyes AND a double ear infection [not nearly as bad now that he has tubes though]...it's been a rough month for him. He's finally getting better and is almost back to his old self - walking, babbling and eating. It's so nice to see my little boy back to himself [almost], because for a couple of days, I was really worried about him. He's well just in time, too...looks like we're under a winter storm watch for Monday. Joy.

We came home this weekend, and there are trees EVERYWHERE. Lawton got hit by a pretty bad ice storm at the same time we got snowed in, and it's ridiculous how many fallen trees and branches are hanging out by the road. My neighbor cut their tree down...so weird to be able to see straight down the block from their house; that tree's been there since we moved onto the block.

We got our taxes done last week [well, i did them]...so glad that's out of the way. Now, we have to start paying down on the cards and finishing the planning for the Vegas trip, and we'll be good to go. I'm so stoked about Vegas, but I think I'm planning myself out. I need to lay off on it before I wear my brain out. I'm trying really hard to prepare ahead as much as possible though...the last time we were there, we winged it. This time, I want to know that we've got things to do so we can actually get out there.

The Super Bowl is later on today. I'm cheering for the Colts, but I wouldn't be upset if the Saints won. They've been through so much the past few years that this is their moment. It's incredible how alive that town is now that the Saints are going to the Super Bowl. I'll definitely be ready to watch and am excited for the outcome. I'm also looking forward to the commercials...they should be good this year.

That's all I've got for now...I should join my husband in bed, since he's already been knocked out for an hour. More later!