3.20.2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

When I married my husband a year ago today, I wasn't quite sure what marriage would bring us. I just remember thinking about how disappointed I was that we weren't having a "real" wedding - we were married by a JOP at the Comanche County Courthouse.

Our wedding day was a hot mess. We had to wait for a court hearing to go through first because my parents were late, words were exchanged, tempers flared, I almost walked out and cried all my make-up off...honestly, the day we got married was one of the worst, most emotionally draining days of my life. But, we did get pictures taken that day - and the one at the top of this entry is my absolute fave. It definitely captured what I truly felt that day - that no matter what was going on around us, it was all about us. And I was happy as hell to be his Mrs.

The past year has been rough on us. We were living in two separate cities the entire time, the whole Air Force thing materalized, our son spent most of the year sick and in/out of doctor's offices, we separated for two months...we fought a lot, didn't communicate, didn't really understand each other, and things were just different. The past year was by far the most challenging year of the 5.5 years we've been together - and for a few months, I didn't think we'd make it. I almost gave up, to be quite honest. But my husband fought for me, and internally, I fought for him, too.

My husband is my best friend, my other half, my everything. Every time I think about my life, it always has him right by my side. I couldn't imagine my life without him, and I'm forever grateful for his patience, his love and his devotion to me. I'm so excited that we've been married for a year...and that we are in a much better spot now than we were a year ago. I feel like we're finally back on track...and that I'm falling more and more in love with him every single day.

I have no idea what the next year will bring for us...all I know is that as long as he's by my side, everything will always be just fine. Happy Anniversary babe. I love you.

No comments: