4.20.2010

Need to occupy brain...

It's time for me to start occupying my brain a little more. J leaves for basic next week, and when I'm not busy, my brain switches to life AM [after military]. Well, actually, my brain switches to next week, when J will leave for eight weeks. I'm a big ball of emotions right now. A big part of me is excited for him and ready to hear about his experience. A small part of me - big enough for me to cry when I think about it, but small enough to push it aside when I need to - is very scared of the Great Unknown. Where will we get stationed? How will J do at BMT? How often will I hear from him? How will I handle not being able to talk to him everyday?

I'm trying to hold it all in, but I spent a decent part of today crying. Tonight wasn't so bad since JJ was all over the place and kept me pretty busy. I'm getting better with it now and think I'll be OK once he leaves. I'll have to go get stationery so I can write him every day and send the letters once I get his mailing address. I wonder if I can send care packages...I'm gonna be one of those annoying wives that writes him all the time. I hope he appreciates it. I need to get better at printing off pics, too...so I can send him those. We'll celebrate Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day and JJ's 18-month birthday while he's gone. Want to make sure he stays in the loop.

I've decided to seriously take up scrapbooking. My mom still has stuff at the house that I can use, and I'm going to try and get a Cricut out of J somehow. I've started sorting out pics to print and planning out the pages. I think I'll work on JJ's 1st year album first, then do a family one. I wish H and I had taken more pics during our first year of marriage so I could make a scrapbook of that, but oh well. I have enough to add to a family album for all of us.

I've also gotten back on the book bandwagon and am on my second book. This one's longer than the one I read this weekend, but I absolutely love it. I wonder if I can check out books at OSU's library...I'll have to check on that. If not, I'll just get a library card from the Stillwater Public Library. Checking out books on campus will give me an excuse to explore campus more than just staying in my corner of the world...hm.

30DS should keep me busy, but I haven't done it since the first day. It's not that I don't want to do it - by the time I get around to it, I end up falling asleep. I've gotta get better with my time management at night and getting up on time in the morning. At least I got the laundry and dishes done tonight - that's a pretty big accomplishment for me. Now, to unpack my suitcase...that should occupy my brain for a bit.

No comments: