5.09.2010

Emotions.

This blog post has nothing really of substance in it. I'm just ranting away here.

I miss him. This is my first weekend at home without him, and it's been a little harder than I thought. I mean, he's been gone for almost two weeks, and I've heard his voice once since he left. I should be able to handle it...but I'm not doing a very good job with it this weekend. Mother's Day is today, and while it's a pretty insignificant holiday in the grand scheme of things, I wish he was here. I know he's coming back and that I sound like a whiny baby right now, but I just really miss him. I hope he gets to call...or at least gets a letter to me soon to let me know he's OK.

My little boy's growing so fast, and it's starting to hit me just how fast he's growing. This will be my second Mother's Day, and I (hopefully) have many more ahead of me, but...the fact that he's almost halfway to two is blowing my mind right now. Just yesterday, I found out I was pregnant. Now, he's this semi-independent little person. Pretty soon, he'll be in preschool, then kindergarten. Time is flying too fast, but I'm learning to appreciate every single second I have with my little man.

Yesterday was OSU's graduation, and I know quite a few people who graduated. It makes me sad that I won't be seeing them - maybe ever again. The fact that my college roommate is moving to New York City, that some of my "little brothers and sisters" are moving away for grad school or to take new jobs...it's blowing my mind right now. I'm not very good with change, and I get really emotional when a big change happens in my life. People leaving my life (for maybe forever) really gets to me for a couple of days. You'd think at 24, I'd be used to those types of shifts, but I'm not. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to those shifts. I just hope that I get to see those people again and tell them how much they mean to me. A lot of them changed my life for the better.

I guess I'll stop my whining now and go back to reading my latest book. I'm about halfway done and really like it; I'll blog about it when I'm finished. And I'm gonna eat a bowl of ice cream - it'll help get my mind off J.

No comments: