5.07.2010

Two years ago...

This weekend is graduation weekend at my alma mater. I can't believe that another school year has gone by so fast...just yesterday, it was the beginning of the fall semester!

With the Class of 2010 walking tomorrow, it reminds me that it's been two years since I graduated from college. It probably doesn't seem like a long time to most people, but so much has happened in my life during the past two years that it's a big deal. I remember my graduation day clearly - it was one of the biggest days of my life. My dad wasn't there, but my mom, sister, aunts (two of them, at least), fave cousin, husband (fiance at the time) and good friends were there. Governor Henry's speech dragged on forever, but looking back on it, the ceremony as a whole was super fast. Before I knew it, they were calling my name on stage, handing me my diploma cover, and telling me to turn my tassel. I had never felt that much sense of accomplishment before...and it was awesome.


Now that two years has passed, I've had even bigger things happen to me. Two weeks before I graduated, I found out JJ was on his way. Yeah, I was terrified at first, but after getting through the morning sickness (and the glaring from my mom), I was super stoked. That July, I got my first big kid job back in Stillwater, which allowed me to be there for my sister's senior year. JJ was born that December, welcomed Dad home the following February, got married the next month and celebrated a lot of little accomplishments along the way. The fact that I've been a mom and wife for more than a year now just blows my mind. If you'd asked me when I started college if I thought I'd be either of those so soon after graduation, you would've gotten a "Heeeeeell nah." I thought I'd be in grad school, traveling the world and doing big things. Well, I'm grounded now - and still doing big things.


I have no regrets about how the past two years of my life have gone. I have an AMAZING little boy, the most wonderful husband, and a fantastic life. I love my job, I love Stillwater, and I love where my life is going right now. It hasn't been a easy two years, but it's been a fun two years - and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Now that our lives are about to take another turn - towards the Air Force - I'm even more excited.

To my friends in the Class of 2010: Congratulations! You're about to embark on a huge step in your life, and I know that all of you will go on to do amazing, wonderful things. Love you guys!


1 comment:

Ms. Understood said...

You definitely have accomplished a lot in the two years since graduated. I got out of undergrad TEN years ago (oh my gosh, where has the time gone???)