5.03.2010

May already?!

I honestly have no idea where the time's gone. I can't believe it's already May 3rd. Pretty soon, it'll be July 4th, then the start of football season, then the holidays...time just keeps flying by.

I added a couple of more things to my list. I finished another book - I'm on a roll! The book's called "The Book of Awesome" by Neil Pasricha.


The book is a list of things that makes you go "Awesome!" I could barely put the book down - it was amazing and always brought a smile to my face. I know I'll be bustin' that book out when I have a bad day and need a smile. He even has a website with more awesomeness.

I also had dinner with two of my best friends from Tulsa on Saturday. Tim and Amanda are two people I met my sophomore year of college. We took financial accounting together, struggled through it, and we've been friends ever since. I was there when they got engaged, in their wedding and have been close to them for more than four years. I adore them and always love when I get to spend time with them. We split a plate of cheese fries at Joe's, had chocolate at Rocky Mountain and talked for literally hours. I'm going to see them in June for a weekend - and I can't wait! I had a blast!

I haven't heard from J yet, besides the phone call the first day of basic. I've written him every day that he's been gone - it's more of an update on our lives than anything else. I'm anxious to hear from him but try not to think about it since I know he probably won't be able to call for a few more weeks. I miss him. A lot. But I just hope he is doing what he needs to and keeping his head on straight.

The weather's been gorgeous the past few days - and it should hold for a bit. Mother's Day is this upcoming Sunday, and I'm looking forward to hanging out at home, giving my mom her gifts and taking JJ for a walk around the block. He's been quite the handful to deal with lately - I think his Terrible Twos have struck early. He's not TOO bad...he just definitely has a temper on him. He throws things when he's upset or doesn't need them, kicks around when he's upset - it's kinda funny to watch my mom with him when he pitches a mini fit, because all she says is, "You and your sister weren't like this. I'm not used to this." Baha. I have nothing to go off of, so I just roll with it and am stern with him when I need to be stern. I hope he outgrows this soon...

Anyway. It's late, and I'm gonna try my hand at the crockpot in the morning. We'll see how this goes!

No comments: