4.30.2010

Truckin' along.

So the last couple of days with J being in basic really haven't been that bad. I got my phone call the first night he was there [totally wasn't expecting it until later this week or even next week] - he spit his address at me, told me he loved me and hung up. I hope I got it right...I've already written him a letter for every day he's been gone. Yeah, it may be overkill, but it mostly talks about JJ and sports: our two fave topics.

Of course I miss him, but I'm just ready to see him again. Time's going by at a decent clip, too - I mean, this weekend is the first day of May already. Four months of the year are already gone. OSU graduation is next weekend. Before I know it, J will be done, we'll get our first duty station, and JJ will be two. I'm pretty sure time's been flying by faster the older I've gotten.

I got a new book earlier this week that I can't put down. It's called "The Book of Awesome," and it's a spin-off of a blog this guy wrote about things that make you go "Awesome!" This book is SO fun, and each item puts a smile on my face and has me in total agreement. The list isn't numbered, so I'm not sure how many he lists in the book or how many more I have to read...but I'm about 3/4 of the way done and love it. This'll be a book I bust out every now and then for a good smile. Oh, and I found out that I can check out books from the on-campus library, so that's where I'll be headed this weekend. I have a couple of books in mind I want to read right away...including Emily Giffin's books that I haven't read yet. Maybe I can drop by tomorrow during lunch...

Started looking at other daycare options, since we've had some issues with where he's at now...but none of them are as good or exprienced as where he's at now. This whole stay-at-home mom thing is really starting to sound good, but we need both our salaries [for now] to make ends meet. One day, it'll all work out.

It's late, and I'm finally getting tired again. Time to toss the clothes in the dryer, finish dishes and head to bed with little man. Game Six of the Thunder-Lakers series is tonight...can't wait! THUNDER UP!

No comments: