6.08.2010

It's all coming together.

The past couple of years have been a little rocky for me and J. Relationship-wise, we were doing OK, but we were struggling to make our married parenthood life work. I mean, when you go from engaged to married with an infant in the span of mere months, things change and move very quickly. Yes, we talked about the dreaded "D" word - but at the end of the day, I love him. I really, really love him. We stuck it out and are doing so much better now.

Now, it's time to balance our lives from the days when JJ was little and money was tight. We're not up in our eyeballs in debt, but I would feel better if we could get the balances down. We are slowly, but surely, getting there - I was able to add to no. 29, which was to pay off another credit card. I've been working on this card for months and had the money saved to pay it off. Every small victory counts, right?

J got to call me on Sunday...it was so good to hear his voice. I miss him and am anxiously counting the days until I get to hop in the rental and head to San Antonio for his graduation. I knew that getting through eight weeks of little contact would be hard, but the last week's been harder than it was at first. I think it's because I can actually count in my head the number of days until I get to see him again, and I'm anxious and excited. He sounds like he's in the right spot and enjoying what he's doing down there - I'm so proud of my future Airman. We should get orders next week, which makes me a little nervous...but I'm ready.

I joined the iPhone world this weekend. I thought I would NEVER say that, but it's true. I ditched the Blackberry, got an iPhone 3GS, and I.love.it. How did I go this long without it?! How did I resist its awesomeness?! I don't think I'll be able to go back after this, honestly. I already have more than two pages of apps, and it's SO easy to use. I've even gotten used to typing on a touchscreen, and I bought it Saturday. I think J's going to get the iPhone 4G that was announced today, but I don't care. I'm happy with what I got. He can have the new fancy phone. :) I think my phone cover will be here by the end of the week, which is awesome. It makes me nervous to not have a phone cover right now since I'm not the best person with phones. At one point in my life, I replaced five phones in a year. Yeah. I need a phone cover.



J and I also joined the Wii world. I didn't want to tell him, but I told him on Sunday when he called. He's excited, I'm excited, and it's about time we got our own Wii. We even got the new black one, which he was REALLY stoked about (of course - he loves having the latest stuff). I think it'll be here at the end of the week. I guess it's time to start looking for games...and asking my parents if we can "borrow" Rock Band...

So, our lives are all coming together. Our son is growing before our eyes, and I think words are FINALLY starting to come to him. J's graduation is mere days away, I think we're doing family portraits this fall...I just feel so content with my life right now. A year ago, I couldn't have said the same thing. I mean, I was happy, but I was stressed. Worried. Not the person I am now. But now that things are coming together and I'm realizing just how great I have it...I'm happy. I'm content. And I'm blessed.

As an endnote: I can also add to no. 60. I finished "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin on Saturday. I couldn't freaking put the book down. It was SO good! I'm going to find "Something Blue" and start reading that soon, and I'll probably re-read "Love the One You're With." I also donated another $10 to ACS through a friend's Relay for Life campaign. I just wish I could be the one to use the restaurant card instead of my sister. :P



1 comment:

Ms. Understood said...

Best wishes on your marriage. Its hard and then when you add a baby in the mix and distance, it's wonderful y'all haven't given up. If you had wanted until today to buy your 3Gs phone, you would have gotten it for $99 instead of $199. I have the original iPhone and I can't wait to grab the iPhone 4 on the 24th. I love our Wii (although its caused me much residual body pain - I'm so out of shape, LOL).