6.02.2010

Time to update!

I've been putting this blog post off because I just haven't had the time to sit down and update. But now, I'm forcing myself to update - especially since I finally brought my Project 365 blog up-to-date. :)

So. It's June 2nd. Um, where has the year gone?! I know I say that a lot, but I really do mean it. This year just seems to be flying by, lemme tell ya. That's fine with me, because my favorite season is fast approaching (fall/winter)...but now, summer's unofficially here, and I'm so thrilled! I'm not thrilled about the hot temps, but I'll get used to it.

I do have a couple of updates. My sister and I met some friends at a new restaurant on Friday, Cafe do Brasil. I've never had Brazilian food, so I was pretty excited about it (and, it was payday, so it was time to have some fun). I had this garlic chicken, greens, a special mix the make with beans and some other stuff...I also had two mixed drinks, and the whole dinner was DELISH.



Good food, awesome convo, new friends made, photo shoot in the bathrooms with the creepy mural people...it was a FUN night. Cap it off with drinks/dessert at Red Prime Steakhouse and dancing at Skyy Bar (where we got in free!), and it was a really fun night. I needed it.

We're almost three weeks out of J's graduation, and I am SO excited. He called me on Memorial Day and called last week. The more days that go by, the more I miss him - and the more excited I get that we're more than halfway through basic. We should find out our duty station soon, so we'll see what happens after that. I'm really hoping we get to stay close, but we'll see. We'll go where the Air Force takes us. I'm so proud of him - he sounds like he's in right spot and working hard. I can't wait to see him.

I have so many thoughts running through my mind and so many things that have happened, but I'm too tired to recount them. Let's see...enrollment started at work for the new freshmen. It's been fun, but exhausting. I'm getting better at this whole making dinner thing, I'm now a coupon diva that doesn't go anywhere without my coupon bag (I took a pic of it and put it on my Project 365 blog), I love having the ability to go to the Commissary again (i went on post three times last weekend just because i could)...things are going well right now. I love it!

Summer's in full swing, which means the BBQs, the vacations and the hot weather have settled in. I'm hoping to hit the water park soon and maybe have a dinner party - but we'll see how things go. Right now, I'm honestly focused on making it to the end of June, when I get to see J again. Did I mention that I miss him tons?

Hope everyone had a great, safe holiday weekend! Hellllllllo summer!

No comments: