9.28.2010

Let the countdown begin.

The last time I saw J in Oklahoma was April 27 at around 12:45pm - that's the day he left for BMT.  The last time I saw J in person was June 27 at about 3:00pm - the Sunday before he started tech school and the last day of graduation weekend.

The next time I'll see J in person - and in Oklahoma - is in 17 days.  October 15.  That's when he comes home.

It's been a long five months without him.  And I've been waiting for the [almost] two-week countdown to come to pass, because it's sucked being without him.  Sure, we've lived in two different cities for a good majority of our relationship/marriage, but at least I got to see him every weekend.  At least I got to talk to him every day.  During the past five months though, I've spent chunks of four days with him - which, when you add up the actual time together, comes out to less than 24 hours.  I was supposed to go visit - twice - but both times, things fell through.  I won't be able to make his graduation because of work, but at least he'll be home soon after.

I give major props to the wives who have gone through deployments.  I feel like such a big baby, missing J as much as I have during our time apart.  For crying out loud, he's just been in training.  I think just being separated like this, and not having ANY time together at all for such a long period of time, has been a huge adjustment.  I haven't even seen a picture of him in three months.  I don't even know what he looks like anymore - if he's kept his hair short, if he's lost/gained weight...and I haven't sent him pictures of me or JJ in just about as long, so he has no idea what's going on with us, either.  Granted, I haven't changed much, but JJ has definitely gotten bigger and is looking older than the last time J saw him.

Soon, he'll be moving to CO - and we'll make the move next year.  I'm not looking forward to separating again, but at least when he makes the move, I know that JJ and I will be right behind him.  It's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel - finally.

Let the countdown begin.

No comments: