10.05.2010

Happy October!

Good gracious.  Is it October already!?  Where did September go?!

The past couple of weeks have absolutely flown by.  This is the busiest time of the year for me [work-wise], so I spend most of my day advising students.  By the time I come up for air, it's almost time to head home [which is a good thing].  2010 has flown by so fast, and I'm still struggling to figure out just where all that time went.

I started my 101 in 1001 a year ago on the 1st, and I've made some decent progress.  My 10/10/10 photo shoot of sorts is coming up soon [i'm sure there won't be much to it since 10/10/10 lands on a sunday, our laziest day of the week], and I need to go back and re-tweak some of those since people involved are currently out of the picture.  I need to step it up in the book and movie department, but I'm not sure when that will happen...with my sports life in full swing now, I haven't done much else besides watch football. :P

I really want to decorate for fall, but I just don't have the decorating sense to make it come together in my apartment.  I'm thinking about heading to Hobby Lobby to find some things to hang up...we'll see how this venture goes.  I don't want to put anything outside my door, just in case someone tries to jack it from me, but I do want to spruce the place up a little.  I have a Scentsy pot and put the pumpkin roll scent in there, and my apartment smells heavenly and like fall.  Now, I need the decor to match.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

So now that October is here, Halloween is just around the corner.  This year, we're going trick-or-treating for the first time - I'm so excited!  JJ's going to be a scarecrow...I tried to find a picture of the costume, but I couldn't find one.  I'll just take a picture of the costume when I get home and upload it.  I haven't tried it on him yet, but I just know he's going to be SO cute in it.  Trick-or-treating is Saturday this year due to the holiday landing on a Sunday - which is awesome, because our first Thunder game is on Halloween. :)

I'm hoping that now that life is starting to slow down just a little, I can blog more.  I'm just so tired when I get home that I don't do anything but play with JJ, make dinner, clean up and sleep.  I'm still trying to find a way to have energy so that after he goes to bed, I can actually get stuff done.  Sigh.  In other news, only 10 days until my husband's home!!!!

Can you tell I'm thrilled?


No comments: