9.09.2010

Oh my goodness. Neglect much?

Did ya miss me? :)

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged. I'm on the Internet every.single.day. I just don't get why it's so hard for me to keep up with this thing! Maybe because I just feel like nobody reads it...and my life is pretty boring, so who would want to read it anyway? Oh well. I'll try to do a better job of updating. This should be a place for me to be myself and say what I want, so I'll treat it as such, I guess.

Yesterday was my six-year dating anniversary with J. I can't believe it's been six freaking years. At this point in my life, I totally didn't think I'd be with someone for this long, much less be married to that same person. J was my first everything [except for my first kiss, but he's by far the best kisser out of any guy i've ever kissed, ever] - I feel like I did a lot of growing up with him, and I feel like he's grown up a lot while he's been with me. I know dating anniversaries don't mean nearly as much once you get married, but I don't care. Sharing my life with someone for six years is a semi-big deal. I wish he was here to spend it with me, but oh well.


Speaking of being apart...the end is in sight. J graduates from tech school five weeks from this past Tuesday - he'll be home five weeks from tomorrow! I feel like the past four months have flow by, but they've gone slow at the same time. It's sucked not being able to see him (and having two trips to San Antonio fall through), but I am SO excited to be in his arms again. He'll only be in Oklahoma for three weeks before he reports to Colorado, but that's plenty enough time for me. And, he'll be back and forth often until I move out there - which is great, because I don't think I could go 5.5 months with seeing him for only four days [unless deployment happens, of course].

This whole being an Air Force wife thing really hasn't set in yet, honestly. People keep asking me what it feels like...but with J still in school and me staying put until next summer, it's just another lifestyle change to me that'll take awhile to get into. I mean, he's still technically a trainee, so it's not like we've gone to balls or had FRG meetings or anything like that. I'm anxious and excited to take this next step with him though. I think I've been looking for a life change for awhile now...this will be the change I need to jumpstart my life again and start a new chapter. I'm ready.

I think J and I have decided to start TTC for our next baby as soon as he gets back from tech school. I know he'll be moving and all, but we're Air Force now. There really isn't a good time to plan to get pregnant since things can come up at any time. I got the all-clear from my OB, am looking for prenatals to start taking and am getting my butt into shape. I think I'm more nervous about NOT being able to get pregnant than anything else. I know we obviously have gotten pregnant before, but it just makes me nervous that something could be wrong that I don't know about, and it'll be hard to get pregnant again. Sigh. I think too much.

Well, it's after 1am here, the rain's falling, and I'm getting sleepy. And, I need to be up again by 6am. I swear, I'm not going to have a "normal" sleep cycle until my kiddos are in grade school. Sigh. Good thing I'm used to random nights like this.

More updates later. I promise. With sports season in full gear...I've got lots to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I missed you! I'm excited for you and J. Everything will work out just fine!

From Maurika