10.17.2010

Back to the list - no. 10 done!

I've been dreading this day since JJ was a few months old: his first hair cut.  I've heard horror stories from parents of kids who wouldn't sit still, who screamed through the whole experience...and I was NOT looking forward to getting to that point.  But, as JJ's gotten older, it's been obvious that he needed one.  Bad.  Example:

Check out his hair.  It's all over the place.  Granted, I didn't fix it that morning since he was getting it cut, but it honestly didn't look much different after I fixed it.  His hair was getting long, the curls were getting harder to control, and he just needed a cut.  So, this past Friday, we went to my mom's hair stylist and got it cut.  I held my breath the entire time, but surprisingly...

JJ did awesome.  Really, really awesome.
There's little man, sitting in Grandma's lap [not pictured], getting his hair combed out.  The tangles were ridiculous.
And there's Francis, our hair stylist, making the first cut!  It took about 20 minutes for her to cut all of his hair - and when it was over, we were sent home with a small baggie full of hair.  Francis said that most kids go home with just a snippet or two of hair, but JJ went home with a full baggie.  Baha.
This is how we kept him distracted - spray bottle.  And, later on, he got Grandma's iPhone.  Amazing how something so simple kept him entertained that long.
All done!  Shorter - and MUCH easier to manage.  Love it.

We made it through our first hair cut unscathed, and I now know that keeping it short is key to keeping everyone happy.  We'll probably get it cut again at the turn of the year, depending on how fast it goes.  He was doing pretty good though, considering he's almost 2 and we just NOW got his first chop.  Probably should've done it awhile ago, honestly.

I've got more to say, but I want to take a nap.  J came home on Thursday and surprised me, but I'll blog about that later.  It's just nice to have him home. :)

No comments: