10.29.2010

Enjoying our time.

I can't believe J has been home for two weeks...and is getting ready to leave again.  I feel like I just got him back, and he's being shipped off to his next duty station.  I wish we could go with him right now, but we're waiting.  I wish I knew when we'd get to see each other again, but I don't.  On the flipside though, this isn't training - this is the rest of our life as a military family.  In a matter of months, I hope that we can be back together permanently [for the first time in our entire relationship, fyi].  I'm just holding on to that moment.

I found out a couple of days ago that my dad really does get to come home every six months for R&R - so he'll be home in the middle of January [weather permitting] for 2-3 weeks.  I am SO stoked.  I wasn't sure if we'd get to see him until next summer, so knowing that he'll be home soon for a little bit is nice.

This weekend's Halloween, but it doesn't even feel like Halloween.  This is when my brain goes to birthday mode, and I start getting things together for JJ's birthday...so Halloween has pretty much become a holiday where I eat candy and get prepped for the big birthday.  Last year, I was a bad mom - I pretty much slacked on JJ's birthday, and while it came together, it wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be.  This year, I'm more prepared and more ready for his big day.  I'm so excited. :)

Is it sad that the only reason I like Halloween is for the candy?  I'm just not feelin' it this year - and I didn't feel it last year, either.  Last year, we had OSU football on Halloween, so that whole week was all sorts of funky.  We had trick-or-treating on Thursday, Halloween stuff was done by the actual game...eh.  This year, Halloween's on a Sunday, so we have to trick-or-treat tomorrow.  And, JJ's sick [and i've got food poisoning], so I don't even know if we're going trick-or-treating tomorrow.  The only thing I'm really looking forward to is going to the Thunder game on Sunday.  Sad, huh?  When I had JJ, I promised I'd do a better job at celebrating holidays, since I haven't really celebrated holidays the past few years...so I need to do a better job of that.  Even if I'm not feeling it, I've got to feel it for his sake.  If that even makes sense.

I'm exhausted, and J wants to watch more basketball, so I'm out for now.  If I don't post again this weekend, Happy Halloween!!

No comments: