12.29.2010

If you read none of my other posts, READ THIS ONE.

So, I usually ramble on and on about random things happening in my life. Today, though, I'm dedicating my blog to another cause - one I believe in and am excited about.

Let's start from the beginning. I've known Rich since 7th grade. We were in orchestra together from 7th-11th grade and had some fantastic times. He moved before senior year of high school - which, I'm still mad about, but he grew up SO much after he left high school. We recently started talking again, and I'm excited to be a part of this new project he started a little less than two weeks ago.

The goal is simple: send a love letter. The way he's doing it, though, is what makes it unique: send a 1000-word love letter, one word at a time, on 1000 hand-folded cranes. Rich has always been a hopeless romantic, so the love letter doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty sure he's the manliest hopeless romantic I've ever met, to be quite honest.

As the cranes are sent, he wants people to snap a picture of the crane they receive and e-mail it to him. As the pictures come in, they'll be pieced together across blogs and picture hosting sites...and the entire letter will be revealed on Valentine's Day. Insert the collective "Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww" here.

I think this project is so great because he just wants to send love across the world. And yes, this letter was inspired by someone in his life, but he won't tell me who it is - shoot, he wouldn't even let me read the letter [and i'm helping him get this all together!]. So, I'll be anxiously waiting to read the entire thing with the rest of the world.

He's not asking for anything except for you to sign up for a crane, snap a pic and send it back. If you want more information on this amazing project of love, please visit his Tumblr, Facebook page, Twitter and check out the YouTube video that's posted on his Tumblr. If you want to help out and want a crane, send an e-mail here. I'll be posting updates on the project as we get closer to Valentine's Day. Help him out!

No comments: