1.04.2011

Hello 2011!

I got four days into the new year and haven't even updated my blog. Good gracious.

Happy 2011 everyone! Can you believe we're in a new year and a new decade?! I'm trying to figure out just how it became 2011 and how 2010 went by so fast. I still can't believe it.

At this point in the new year, it seems pointless to write a "what 2010 meant to me" post - but I will highlight some of the awesome things that happened in '10:

* H joining the Air Force - so proud of him and all he's done since he became an Airman
* Going to Florida for the second year in a row - I hope we go back again so I can go back to Harry Potter World...uhmazing
* Changing jobs - I miss my old job and working with students, but I am SO happy where I'm at right now [this month makes a year since i moved!]
* Going to the OSU bowl game [even though we lost, it was so fun] and watching the Thunder in the playoffs [again, even though we lost, it was still fun] - definitely my sports highlights of the year
* JJ turning 2 - I can't believe he's 2! He's grown so much this year [especially the last half], and I'm so excited to watch it continue

I'm hoping that I can make even more amazing memories in 2011. I didn't really make resolutions since I really want to focus on my 101 in 1001 again, but I do have some alterations to my list I want to make:

1. Read 40 books in 2011. I've already read one and have two more in mind I want to start reading pronto.
2. Become better at shopping/using coupons/saving money.
3. Become more organized [again]. I got away from it when JJ was born, but I need to get organized again to stay on top of things.
4. Make a bigger deal of holidays. JJ's getting older, and he needs to start seeing the importance of holidays, birthdays etc. I plan on starting with Valentine's Day and continuing with my 25th birthday. :P
5. Take more time for me. I just go, go, go and put stuff aside that I want to do. I'm determined to have me time at least four times a week so I can do things like blog, write in my journal, scrapbook etc.

So, as we settle comfortably into a new year, I hope that all of you have a wonderful 2011 full of happiness, fond memories and amazing times. I'm looking forward to what the year has in store for us!

No comments: