1.18.2011

My exercise battle begins today.

So, back in December, I set a goal to lose 15 pounds by Valentine's Day. I'm not sure I can safely lose 15 pounds in less than four weeks, so I've set a goal to lose 10 now. I'm not sure if that'll happen, but I'm gonna try my damndest. Even if I don't lose the 10 pounds, I hope to lose that and more before I get into that beautiful bridesmaid dress in April for my college roommate's wedding.

To start this process, I dusted off my 30 Day Shred DVD and did the first day. The good news is, I made it through the first workout without stopping more than 10 seconds. When I did this the first time in the fall, I quit halfway through, jumped back in and half-assed it the rest of the way. So, even though it's been three or so months since my first go-around, I did much better...which makes me want to continue and do it tomorrow. I should probably weigh myself tonight to see how much I weight right now so I can compare it to my weight a the end of the 30 days, but I'm too tired to do it. Good sign, right?

I think, as long as I can keep my energy up to do the working out part, I'll be fine - the eating part will be rough. I need to do a better job of finding healthier options, incorporating fruits and veggies, and cutting out the crappy stuff. I know there are tons of resources out there for eating healthy, but I just haven't found the motivation to dig through all of that. I will, though - this week. I really want to commit to losing this weight, and doing so requires complete dedication on my part.

So cheer me on - and keep me in your thoughts - as I go through this process. I've never really committed to losing weight like I am now...I let it melt off slowly after I had JJ, I played volleyball in high school to keep my weight down, and I was so active in college that I barely gained any weight. This is the first time in my young life that I'm consciously making this sort of change, and I really want to be successful. I want to feel good in my clothes. I want to have more energy. I want to cut out the crap food and learn how to be healthier. I'm hoping I'll be successful - no. I KNOW I'll be successful.

1 comment:

Rachel Kahindi said...

Good work! Keep it up! You can do it!! :)