1.19.2011

WMW: 10 Things I Believe In...



Yay for WMW - and remembering to get to the prompt before 10pm!

Today's topic I chose was 10 Things I Believe In. Here's my list:

1. I believe in God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. I know I've been struggling with religion the past few years and am slowly finding my way back, but my faith in Them has not wavered.

2. I believe that JJ was put in my life to make it better. I am a better person because I am lucky enough to be his mommy.

3. I believe that you need a small circle of friends to be perfectly happy. My best friend has been in my life for more than 10 years now, and I've added very few friends to my small circle since. I trust them, I love them like family, and they're all I need.

4. I believe that sisters make fantastic partners-in-crime, confidants, sparring partners and ultimate best friends. My sister is that way, at least. She's amazing.

5. I believe I deserve to sleep in at least one day a week. Even if sleeping in means sleeping until 7am instead of 630am, I'll take it.

6. I believe that everyone should take one hour of the day to unplug from everything [technology especially] to enjoy the small things. Write in a journal, read a book, play with your kids...just spend an hour reconnecting with your inner self and the things that make you happy.

7. I believe that chocolate needs to be added to the food pyramid as another food group.

8. I believe that we all have a Calling in life - but not all of us take the time out to listen for it.

9. I believe that you don't realize how amazing your parents are until you're older. Looking back on my life, I'm not sure how my parents raised me and put up with me for so long...and to this day, they still continue to help, support and teach me things. And I'm almost 25. It's amazing how much of an impact your parents have on your lives...and how it took me so long to realize it.

10. I believe that 2011 will be an amazing year for me, my life and my family. :)

2 comments:

Not Just Another Jennifer said...

I have a sister like that, too! Great list.

Julia Ladewski said...

ditto on the chocolate! and here's to an amazing year!!