2.01.2011

Happy February!

Holy moly. Is it seriously February 1st? I feel like the first month of the new year flew by with the blink of an eye. Next month, I turn 25, H turns 26, and our two-year wedding anniversary rolls around. Good gracious.

I'm currently stuck at home thanks to the blizzaster that hit last night. I honestly didn't think it would be that bad - and, looking at it from the window of my apartment, it doesn't look all that bad - but between the sub-zero wind chills, the wind still howling around, the snow drift at my patio door and the car that got stuck trying to get out, it's bad. We were out today and will be out tomorrow [although, i might venture out to the osu men's basketball game since it'll be free], but I bet we'll be back on Thursday. As long as the city can dig us out, we'll have to get out, too. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get out of my apartment parking lot since my stupid complex provides no sort of relief whatsoever, but I'll figure it out.

So I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about expanding our family. I feel like everyone around me is adding to their family, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready. I mean, I'm almost 25, so it's not like I'm nearing the big 30 or anything like that. I enjoyed being pregnant [most of the time], but raising a child [solo] is difficult. I think I'd feel better if J and I were in the same town...but until that happens, no way I'm having another child by myself. For awhile, I was borderline obsessive with getting pregnant as soon as possible. Now...I'm enjoying my time with just one. When we're meant to have another one, we'll have another one.

Moving on now. Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and I have no idea what to get H. I mean, he said he doesn't want anything, but I've gotta get him something. I won't see him until March, but I need to send something. I told J I don't really want anything, which is true - Valentine's Day used to be super awesome when we were dating, but now...eh. I don't know. I like the cute card and the chocolate, but the holiday is just another day for us. I think I focus more on our anniversary and birthdays than Valentine's Day, since they're both a little more than a month apart.

The snow's driving me crazy, so I'm gonna go stick my head outside and see if the wind's died down enough for me to venture out without blowing over. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: