5.17.2011

Holy lack of updates Batman.

So, my computer crashed last week. Which has left me computerless when I'm not at work. I could use that as a viable excuse for not updating since like, May 5th, but that's not the excuse - I just haven't made the time to write.

I find myself doing that a lot...not making the time to do things. Not making the time to exercise, to blog, to write in my journal...to be quite honest, I've just been too tired after work to do anything but focus on JJ and fall asleep with him. I don't know what's going on, but it's not normal for me to be utterly exhausted every single night. I think some sort of medical doctor visit may be necessary. Sigh.

Anyway, Happy Middle of May! Can you believe it's already the 17th? Where has the month gone?! I feel like spring just flew by, and we're nearly into summer [and all its steamy, 100-degree weather-ness]. The kiddos have been gone from campus for almost two weeks now, but enrollment starts next week...so it will be crazy crazy crazy until July. I like it, because it makes the days/weeks fly, but it also can get very chaotic very fast. I'm just hoping I make it through in one piece. This will be my second summer enrollment, and I made it last year...so I think I'll be fine this year.

Mother's Day was a couple of weekends ago now, and it was absolutely amazing. My sister planned our whole day out, which included sending us an itinerary for the day. She'd spent the night at her place the night before and drove to Lawton the next day...with Starbucks pastries and drinks in her hand. THEN, she back-tracked and sang me and my mom Happy Birthday and gave us our birthday presents. We really didn't get to celebrate our birthdays [both me and my mom have birthdays in March] because of the craziness of the month, so my sister made up for it with presents and cupcakes. Then, me and my mom got our Mother's Day present - massages! - while sis took JJ to the park. Let me tell ya, that massage was INCREDIBLE. I will definitely be going back to that lady to get another one; she was awesome. It was nice to have two hours of peace and quiet [and JJ behaved the entire time he was with my sister! yay!]. Then came lunch, naps, Olive Garden for dinner and a movie. My sister did an incredible job...now, I HAVE to make her birthday special. :)

The husband didn't forget it was Mother's Day, either...he sent me flowers [well, he said they were from JJ] and a Victoria's Secret gift card [I can think of a dozen ways to make this gift card, but I digress]. And my parents got me this ridiculously adorable bracelet [that they also said was from JJ]. Overall, it was the best Mother's Day ever. I'll remember it for a long time.


So. That's my recap on the one major thing that's happened to me this month. The rest of the month has been full of basketball, to be quite honest. We went to Game 5 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals last week, which was amazingly awesome...and the Thunder won that series in 7, so I get my dream match-up! Mavs/Thunder for the Western Conference Finals, which means one of my teams is moving on to the NBA Finals! SQUEE!!!! I am ridiculously giddy - albeit torn about which team to cheer for - about this development. We're going to Game 3 in OKC on Saturday, and I'm so pumped. I wish it was Saturday already. Sigh. I love the NBA.

That's all I've got for now - sorry this update didn't have more substance. Once my laptop's fixed [or replaced], I'll have more time to blog...and hopefully, more interesting stories to share. :)

No comments: