5.05.2011

Where's my motivation?

So. In less than 3.5 months, I'll be headed to Vegas with my sister and two of her friends. And, let's be honest - I'm far from ready for this trip, looks-wise. I'm not saying I'm fat, but I don't like the way my body looks. I haven't since I got pregnant with JJ. I hadn't realized how much things would change pre-pregnancy and post-pregnancy...I was totally naive about that.

I've been trying to find ways to have energy after I get home at night so I can work out after JJ goes to bed, but between chasing him around, making dinner and cleaning...I'm wiped by the time he goes to bed. A majority of the nights, I go to bed with him and wake up the next morning to finish things. Now that he's easier to entertain on his own, I can get some things done while he plays with his toys...but not everything. Most weeks, my apartment is a disaster and requires a three-hour cleaning spree one random night [usually thursday, which is when i pack for the weekend or, pre-playoffs, watch basketball on TNT].

But I digress. The point of this post is, I have got to find a way to work out. I've been able to keep up with other things...my project: 365 and my personal journal, for example...but when it comes to working out? I just can't do it. I keep finding ways to get out of working out or making excuses, but continuing to do that won't get me ready for this trip. Not only that though...I want to start feeling better about myself. About how I look. It's almost summer - I don't want to hide behind t-shirts and jeans all summer.

Anyway. This post will serve as my open letter to myself: get your @ss in shape. You're running out of time, and you're tired of feeling like crap. Get on it!

No comments: