6.24.2011

Life uninteresting.

Today, I realized why I don't blog that often: I honestly have nothing interesting to tell. Sure, I've got a 2 1/2 year old who is all over the place, but stories about how JJ got into the laundry basket - again - get old after awhile. During the week, I work and take care of him; during the weekend, I sleep and take care of him. Life hasn't changed much since I went from me to me + him.

I wish I had more interesting things to think about - well, I wish I had more energy to do more interesting things to blog about, honestly. I'm working on the energy front, but I can't guarantee my life will get any more interesting, even with energy. Well, it might - I'd start working out again, start scrapbooking etc.

Scrapbooking - I'll chat about that today, since I feel like I NEED to update this sorely neglected blog. The last time I made a full scrapbook was senior year of high school, when we had to do a memory book as our final project. I put the thing together in the span of 12 hours [literally] and wound up acing it [someway, somehow]. While that scrapbook was honestly not that good, I want to put a better effort into the ones I'm beginning to make. JJ deserves that, I deserve that, and our memories deserve that.

Now, scrapbooking can be really, really overwhelming nowadays. There are all these products, all these "tips of the trade" out there...and I haven't even begun to dive through them yet. It's a little scary, honestly, thinking about how wrapped up into scrapbooking I can become if I let myself get there. One of my amazing friends is letting me buy her L Letterpress [which i intend on using for more than just scrapbook stuff]:



And my mom has a Cricut [that she saaaaaays she won't let me take out of her house, but i'm working on it]:

These two instruments alone, paired with the hundreds of pieces of scrapbook papers - and hundreds of pictures I've had printed over the months - could help me do some damage. My problem is, I'm not sure where to start. I think things through too much, honestly - I have an idea of how I want JJ's first year scrapbook to look, but then I start REALLY thinking about it and get discouraged. I think I need to just dive in and get started, and see where it goes from there. 

My goal is to get one scrapbook completely finished by the end of the year - which is already halfway here. Guess I'd better get started, eh?

No comments: