3.26.2012

13 weeks.


Well hey hey - look at me. Multiple blog posts in the span of a few days! Not sure that's ever happened before. :P

I'm 13 weeks, 4 days today - which means second trimester is here!. I THINK second tri is here, but I've seen sites that say 13w1d = second tri, and some sites say that 14w1d = second tri. Oh well. I'm going with the 13w1d mark, which means I'm a few days into second tri.Time is starting to fly!

I have a confession to make. My son spent almost all of last week with my mom so that I could get things done around my apartment. I had three uninterrupted nights to myself [well, 2.5 since I had people over on Tuesday] to do things: clean, do laundry, pack up etc. But what did I do?

I slept. Literally.

Last Monday, I got home at 5:30, fell asleep at 6:30, woke up at 11 to eat and went back to bed from midnight to 7:40am [i was totally late to work the next day, btw, since i slept through my alarm].

On Tuesday, I took myself out to dinner, had friends over, was in bed by 9:00 and slept until 7:30 the next morning [wasn't late that morning - not sure how that happened].

On Wednesday, I got home at 5:20, ate dinner, napped from 6-8:30, was up until 11 and went back to bed until 7:15 this morning. I went to Lawton Thursday and spent Friday/Saturday nights in Dallas, so those nights don't count since I was up with him. I did, however, get a ton of sleep while it was just me.

I haven't slept that much in AGES. I spent every lunch break last week getting things done - and can thank a two-hour lunch break on Wednesday for helping me get all the laundry, dishes and straightening up done - but I wasn't nearly as productive as I should've been. Oh well. Mama needs her sleep too, right? I did get the major things done, which is good; sheets are washed, we both have clean clothes, and the kitchen's cleaned. I hope to go room by room over the next few days and do some spring cleaning.

In other news, President Obama was in Cushing last week to talk about a major pipeline coming to the area. Cushing's only like, 30 minutes away from me, which is the closest I've ever been to the President ever. I wish I could've gone to see him speak, but the speech was invite only, so I wasn't about to drive out there to NOT see him. I still think it's neat that he came here to talk about an issue that directly affects them and, in the grand scheme of things, affects us all.

To be quite honest, I don't know a lot about politics. I pay enough attention to make a semi-informed decision on things of national importance [especially when it comes to military things because those directly affect J and my dad], but I am by no means an educated political person. However, the lack of respect that many people [including our own state officials] showed when President Obama was here was completely out of line. I wasn't a fan of President Bush but never disrespected his office or his role in leading this country. I still believe he did as good of a job as he can, given a national disaster happened on his watch that no one saw coming. A lot of Oklahomans showed how classless they can be by degrading President Obama when they don't even have a basis for not liking him. Their excuse is "Well, he's the President and he doesn't know what he's doing even though he should, so I don't like him." SHOW ME what you don't like, and I can respect your opinion. If you're spouting off ish just because others are, that makes you look dumb. He is still the President of the United States, and if you don't have enough class to respect his position as the leader of this country, there's something wrong. No wonder other countries think we're cray.

OK. Stepping off my soapbox now. I think I'll do my weekly quiz before I work myself up into a frenzy.
I need to find a new place to take pictures besides my bathroom...yeesh. Took this at 13w on 3/22.
13 weeks, 4 days.
Total weight gain: No clue. I step on the scale again a week from todfay, and I'm afraid to see the number.
Maternity clothes?: YES. I caved and busted out my maternity work pants last week, and I'm so freaking comfortable. I've been in and out of maternity shirts for a couple of weeks, but a lot of those will become permanent wardrobe staples soon. I'm still wearing pre-maternity jeans, but those are probably going into the closet next.
Sleep: I got some awesome sleep last week [refer to above post]. Yay!
Best moment this week: My wedding anniversary was on Tuesday. I got pretty roses. :)
Food cravings: Besides the root beer, nothing really.
Gender: Still Team "I Have No Clue". I hope to schedule my anatomy scan at my next appointment.
Labor Signs: Not for awhile.
Belly Button in or out? In. I think it'll stay that way, too.
What I miss: Still miss being able to eat whatever I want without paying for it later [usually through acid reflux or heartburn].
What I am looking forward to: By the end of this week, I'll be 26. I love birthdays.
Weekly Wisdom: Others' opinions don't matter. What matters is that you're happy - that's the most important opinion.
Milestones: Baby's the size of a peach. :)
Differences between #1 & #2: I still can't get over how much I'm showing at this point in my pregnancy. I thought busting out the maternity clothes this early was crazy, but nope - not crazy. It's comfortable, and I love it.

No comments: