4.06.2012

I'm weird like that. [15 weeks, too]

Earlier this week, I took myself to lunch. I wanted some pizza, I had no one to go with me, so I took myself to Hideaway and enjoyed a nice lunch. I took my iPad, caught up on some emails and devoured my pizza in record time.

To some people, that makes me weird.

I do a lot of things that make me weird, apparently. The list includes:

-- eating just about anything with ketchup [steak and eggs especially]
-- putting A-1 on my rice [it's so good!]
-- taking myself out to eat
-- going to movies and sporting events by myself [if people think i'm a loner, so what?]
-- waking up in the middle of the night to do my cleaning [i get in a good four hours of sleep, wake up for an hour to clean, then go back to bed]
-- driving home all the time [i live 2.5 hours away from my hometown...the drive is nothing after doing it for eight years]
-- not eating seafood [it's tastes like saltwater to me, and that's just gross]
-- being totally open about the fact that I'd consider shaving my head to see *N Sync get back together again for a reunion tour [even though Chris is 40...]
-- getting way into sporting events [hey. i like sports and, for the most part, i understand what's going on when i watch a ball game. i'm not going to be a boring spectator who sits there with my mouth shut during a good play, crappy play or awful call.]

I'm sure there are more things to add to that list, but that's all that comes to mind for now. People see these things as weird, but I see them as awesome. They make me unique, and I really don't care what people think about these things. I've always been a pretty independent person, and I really don't mind spending time by myself. I know that can be seen as a good and a bad thing, but I see it as a good thing. I'm super outgoing when I'm with my friends [and even around strangers], but I'm also fine just spending time alone. *shrug*

Not sure what the point of this post was, honestly...I guess it's because some people I know have given me flack for taking myself out for my anniversary in March. I was solo, and I'd rather spend my time at a restaurant eating good food and watching sports than sitting at home sulking that another anniversary came that my husband wasn't here for. Baby no. 2 and I enjoyed the heck out of the steak I ate, thank you very much. :)

Anyway. That's my random rambling for this Good Friday. Now, on to my baby poll. :)

15 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain: As of my last appointment on Monday, 10 pounds. I think 5 of those are in my boobs.
Maternity clothes? Yup. Fully in maternity clothes, and I love it. Well, I lied - I can still wear some of my t-shirts, but my work clothes and pants/shorts are straight-up maternity clothes.
Sleep: Sleep came to me this week, which was awesome. I pretty much slept through the night most nights. Woo.
Best moment this week: I had an ultrasound on Monday because I had some issues over the weekend. Jelly Bean was moving A LOT, which was so, so cool. It was so comforting to know Jelly Bean is happy, healthy and kicking [and measuring 8 days ahead of my due date, holy cow!].
Food cravings: Nada. I still feel a little sick after eating sometimes, but this week's been better than most weeks.
Gender: So...my ultrasound tech gave me a gender guess on Monday. I don't want to say anything until the 20-week anatomy scan since the baby will be more developed then, but I'm pretty confident in her gender guess. I'm keeping my mouth shut until then. :)
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: I still miss food. I've been better about food, but still not great.
What I am looking forward to: Easter! I love holidays.
Weekly Wisdom: It's OK to be weird. :)
Milestones: Second tri is starting to fly. And I'm technically measuring at 16 weeks, so this baby could be earlier than we thought. Eek!
Differences between #1 & #2: Things are starting to balance out now. I'm starting to feel normal again, and this is about the time with my first pregnancy that I started to feel normal again. It's nice to have energy to play with JJ and keep my apartment clean.


1 comment:

Remixznflow said...

Hey i like to take myself out ever once in awhile ... no harm in that at all...

Alone time is good because you get a change to evaluate, cleanse, reset etc...