3.31.2012

I [kinda] need a housekeeper [and 14 weeks].

So, JJ's with my my mom this weekend, and I have to report for a work function in a couple of hours. Instead of sleeping in or lazing around, I'm up. Washing clothes and doing dishes.

I seriously need some sort of help around here.

My apartment is literally in shambles all week because a.) I just don't have the energy to get things done after work, and 2.) my nausea kicks in around the time JJ goes to bed, and I'm worthless after that. Now, granted, it's getting a lot better, and I hope to be on the second tri energy kick soon [because i also need to start working out again, holy cow]. But for now, my apartment is just a mess. Counters aren't wiped down, I need to dust, my closets look awful and need to be reorganized...blah. Anyone want to come help me clean? :P

I think my issue is I look at my apartment as a whole and get overwhelmed. My apartment really isn't that big [about 1100 sf.], but I have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, four sets of closets, a living room and a kitchen to keep clean. When I don't get it done in chunks, I have to spend the entire weekend cleaning it all, and it makes me want to throw things. I just need to sit down, figure out what storage needs are missing, and get organized. I did get this super cool storage thing for wallpaper the other day:
It's the Honey-Can-Do wrapping paper storage system. It's pretty awesome, too. It fit a good dozen rolls of wrapping paper, most of the bows I have and three sets of boxes. It slips under my bed, is easy to open/close and is super sturdy. I thought about getting another one to store all my seasonal decorations in, but we'll see. I hope to find more storage solutions like this so I can finally get this place organized. Next up: figuring out how to store my sheets. Yeesh.

So anyway. If anyone has any tips for cleaning, storing etc., I'm all ears. I need to sit down one weekend and dig through my entire apartment, then start throwing things out I don't need [or donating them]. I just feel the clutter starting to take over, and I want to nip it in the bud before it becomes too much, ya know? I feel like I need a professional to come over and show me some ways to store things. Ha.

Anyway. Time for a new poll - 14 weeks. :)

14 weeks, 2 days.
Total weight gain: Uh...I don't know. Still. Scale steppin' on Monday morning - hope the weight doesn't ruin my day.
Maternity clothes?: Yup - just about full time. Both pairs of maternity jeans are now out, and I'll wear maternity shorts for the first time today. I'm also in the process of washing all my maternity clothes from last time - I think the time of my normal clothes are behind me for a bit. Fun clothes news though: I FINALLY got a pair of maternity work pants that are long enough for me to wear. YAY!
Sleep: Better. Thursday night was awful, but most of the week was good. I slept with my Snoogle last night and literally slept the entire night. I love it.
Best moment this week: My surprise party my sister threw me on Wednesday was fantastic. Like, super fantastic. Happy 26 to me!
Food cravings: Nothing this week. But I haven't really had any aversions to food, either, which is nice.
Gender: Still have to wait another six weeks. [note: i think once i find out, i'm totally deleting this question; i already deleted the labor signs question that normally comes after that]
Belly Button in or out? In. Like, all the way in. It's not going anywhere.
What I miss: Not gonna lie - wine.
What I am looking forward to: My next OB appointment is Monday. I'm excited and nervous, all at once.
Weekly Wisdom: Friends make the world go 'round.
Milestones: Baby's the size of a lemon. AND, I'm also positive I felt the baby move this week. It's so weird and so cool.
Differences between #1 & #2: I definitely did not feel JJ move this early the last time. Then again, I also wasn't this big at this point last time, either. I'm still not sure if what I'm feeling all the time is baby movement, but the more I feel the movements, the more confident I am that it's the baby. I think I'll feel better about it once I hear the heartbeat again on Monday.

No comments: