3.30.2012

Most fabulous birthday EVAR.

So. I'm 26 now. Or, as I kept saying on my birthday, 16+10. I'm still not quite sure how 26 rolled around so fast, but that's a different story for a different day. I thought my birthday would be just another day, but let me tell ya...it wasn't.

My day started at 10:30pm the night before, when my husband called to wish me a Happy Birthday [he's like, 10 hours ahead of me or something like that, so he called before his shift]. I hadn't talked to him in a few days, so it was so great to get that call. On my birthday, my sister calling at like, 7:20am yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" into the phone as loud as she could. Good thing I was already awake! Then, my yearly "Happy Birthday" song calls from my parents came - my dad was able to call, too, even though he's traveling right now. I love the yearly birthday songs from my parents.

Then, I headed to the dentist. Yes - I was the silly girl who scheduled her 6-month dental visit on her birthday, but I'm glad I did now, because I had a super awesome cleaning [and no cavities! yay!]. I went back to work and was greeted by a bouquet of flowers that my parents and sister sent me. They're so stinkin' pretty.
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty...
Rest of the day was pretty quiet. My phone kept going off from all the FB and Twitter love I was being shown, which was awesome. It always makes me feel special when people remember my birthday. After work, I picked up little man and decided to take him to the park. My sister and I had made plans to meet up at Chili's for dinner, so the original game plan was for me to take JJ to Panera, get him fed, then meet her at Chili's. Well...we went to the park instead.
He loves the swings! He pretends to fly like an airplane.
If he could have a slide everywhere he goes, he'd be one happy kid all the time.
I swear, I get the best pictures of him at the park because he's truly at his happiest when he's playing. We were there for a good 30 minutes, running around and playing. It was a beautiful day out, and we had so much fun. My sister called right as we were leaving for Chili's to let us know she was in town, so we headed that way. She met us in the parking lot, and I put on this ridiculous birthday crown and SpongeBob birthday badge thing before I walked in.

Then...SURPRISE!

Ten of the coolest people in my world had gathered to throw me a surprise birthday party; eight of them [not including my sister] had driven up from OKC. I still get chills thinking about the moment I saw them sitting at this long-ass table in the middle of Chili's...I totally broke down and started crying. I was not expecting this, AT ALL, and it was just...yeah. It's overwhelming to see that many people take the time out of the middle of their week to celebrate your birthday, especially since most of them don't even live within an hour of me. I am so, so incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in my life.

We spent the next couple of hours talking, eating, laughing and entertaining my son [who did surprisingly well, considering we spent two hours at a restaurant he's never been to before], then everyone came back to my place and watched a movie before heading their separate ways. My sister got one group picture of us before everyone headed out - I totally plan on getting this framed.
Don't mind D's 112 boy band pose.
If you notice in the picture, I am wearing a pillow. Yes - my sister got me a Snoogle. On my Bump Month Board, I've seen several women talking about this body pillow and had asked for one for my birthday [but had said I just wanted a body pillow; didn't need to be a Snoogle necessarily]. I think I carried that pillow around like a security blanket for most of the night; it's so wonderful. Best.Present.Ever.

To Jennifer, Ebony, Elliott, Steve, Brondalyn, Mo, Niecy, JoJo, Davod and D - thank you all so, so much for making 26 a very special day for me. I'm overwhelmed - still! - that you all made it and am so lucky to call you some of my closest friends.

And to my sister, the mastermind behind all this - you are absolutely incredible. Thank you for being a wonderful sister and for pulling off one of the biggest surprises of my life. I love you sissy!

This past birthday was by far one of the most memorable ones to date. Thank to everyone who took the time out to call, text, FB or come around to make 26 a birthday I won't forget. This year has definitely gotten off to a great start, and I know it will only continue to get better.
Yay 26!

No comments: