11.17.2009

Case of the Mondays.

Today started out like a typical Monday. I woke up at 7:00, realizing I'd slept way longer than I was supposed to and hadn't done ANYTHING the night before [which meant my apartment was in shambles, jj's stuff was still in my sister's car, and i had to move his car seat back to my car]. My sister leaving woke me up, but it didn't jolt my memory...I realized half an hour after she left that my keys were in her car, and I didn't have a spare. So, poor thing had to turn around and bring me BACK my keys, then drive back to work. I know she was pissed, but she was an awesome sport about it.

I got to work at 8:35, and my high talent visit was there already. They were 25 minutes early. So I scrambled to get all their stuff, met with them and sent them with Adam so I could do the morning tour presentation. Figure out after the presentation that my family's appointments ended super early, and they were nearly ready for lunch already. Scrambled to get them taken care of, discovered the state car I was in had the 'check engine' light on, and realized it was nearly sleeting in Stillwater. Family left in good spirits, car got dropped off, and the rain finally stopped [but it was freaking freezing all day].

Got back to the office, had a family waiting on me that I'd let slip my mind, then I met with ANOTHER family while the first one was gone. Second family came back and left after 4:00...which pretty much was the end of the day at that point. Oh my gosh today was nuts...I'm so glad things will slow down tomorrow and Wednesday so I can maybe get some work done. I wish I could work late so I'm not in the office during all of the craziness, but with JJ being in bed by 7:00 most nights, I am NOT taking him out there and working late just to get him home and throw his schedule off. I'm just glad today's over.

Made it through last week in one piece...barely. After work on Saturday, I was so tired that I sat through most of the first half of the OSU game on Saturday...which is rare for me. My feet and legs were just killing me [note to self: need insoles for my boots]. But the most important thing is that we made it in one piece, and last week is over. Made it through today, and now, I gotta make it through the week. I can do this. One day at a time.

Don't have any new updates to the list just yet...I was going to do more of the survey, but I'm so tired now that I'm just gonna head to bed. The weather today was cold, dreary and rainy...early Oklahoma winter's set in, seems like. Perfect day to get off work and cuddle up at home with baby boy...which is what I did. But now, it's time for bed. Just wanted to update this thing beforehand...more later!

No comments: