11.11.2009

More of #42: Two new restaurants!

I can't believe I forgot that before I went to Crepe Myrtle last week, I'd gone to a new restaurant before then. Last Monday night, when I was in Wichita for a college fair, I went to Los Cocos with my boss. It was this super yummy Mexican restaurant that we stumbled upon after my Garmin led us to four restaurants that were either closed or shady. I had the absolute best carne asada I've ever had, and the Mexican rice was SO good. By the end of the meal, I was so stuffed!

Today, I went to another new restaurant that I've been dying to try since I saw it last Tuesday. In Old Towne in Wichita, we went to this amazing gelato shop last week called Bella Luz [I won't count it was one of the 10 new restaurants because we only had gelato there], and there was a German food place across the way called Imbiss Grille. I went back to Wichita today for a high school visit and made my way back there to try the place out. I had pork weiner schnitzel, green beans and mashed potatoes...and it was SO good. I want to go back and eat there again! I haven't eaten real German food since my sophomore year of high school, so I can't really compare it to anything...but it was amazing. My sister and I plan on taking a random weekend trip to Wichita soon, and we'll definitely be going there.

Anyway. That's all I've got on the list. Life itself has been so insane that I can barely think straight. I'm so glad this week is nearly over, because it's been hellish for me. I made it through my Wichita event and high school visit, and now I have OSSM, a high talent student and two events Saturday to get through. I've been so busy, I haven't had time to dwell on the fact that we have a football game Saturday night. Isn't that sad?

I've been taking things in stride, but it hasn't been easy. Over the past two nights, I've gotten maybe eight hours of sleep...nearly took a toll on me today while I was making the two-hour drive back to Stillwater from Wichita. I had to pull over and take a power nap just so I would make it home...and I've never had to do that before. I'm straight-up exhausted, but I'm hanging on. I've gotta finish the dishes and put up the leftovers from dinner before I turn in for the night, but I'm glad I got the traveling part of my week out of the way. Makes the rest of the week easier to deal with, that's for sure.

I got to talk to one of my dearest friends today! Amy and I used to work together, but she and her husband took jobs in Iraq and left in September [i miss her a ton, lemme tell ya]. Well, she got Skype and called me today, and we finally got to talk! I got a little teary-eyed while we were talking - I'm not sure how long she'll be gone, so I don't know when I'll see her again - but it was so great to talk to her and catch up. Ah, the wonders of modern technology...five years ago, this wouldn't have been possible, her calling me from her computer to my cell phone. Amazing.

JJ's going to be one in three freaking weeks. How in the world did time fly by so fast?! Tonight, one of my goals is to order his birthday stuff...eBay, here I come. We've got presents already for him, but I need to do invites and get his party stuff. I think my mom's making his cake, but I'll have to ask her tomorrow and see. Tonight, when we were playing around after we got home, I nearly had a breakdown...just a year ago, I was anxiously awaiting his arrival. Now, he's almost one, and the past year has flown so fast. It's bittersweet to think about how fast the next few years are going to fly...

But I won't dwell on that. Right now, I've got stuff to do. More later. :)

No comments: