12.01.2009

New ones: #6 and #28!

I finally have new ones that I've started...I'm so excited. :)

The first one on the list, #6, was to go on a date night every month for a year with J. We had our first date night [in a long time, i must say] this past Friday - we went to the Thunder-Bucks game together. Because the game got moved from 6:00 to 8:30 [stupid tv schedule, but it was cool the thunder got some national tv time], my parents didn't want to go, so J and I went. We invited his best friend, but he had an emergency to tend to and didn't make it...so it was just us. It was so nice - we'd never been to an NBA game together before, and it was awesome for us to just go without baby. During Christmas break, we're going to do dinner and a movie for our second date night...I'm too excited.

Things are going better with us now...I'm just getting anxious about this whole Air Force thing. I'm probably going to meet with his recruiter during Christmas break to get some final questions answered, see if we can find out when he's leaving for basic and tie up whatever loose ends we need to tie up. I'm anxious and excited for this to start, but I'm also nervous and afraid about what life changes are ahead for us. I love Oklahoma. I don't want to leave yet. I want to be close to my family, especially since I would like to have baby no. two in a couple of years. I'm having a hard time letting God lead me and my family down the path we're meant to take, but I'm getting better.

Anyway. I also started no. 28, which was to have dinner with friends at least once during eight separate months. A couple of weeks ago, I met up with my old roommate and two of my awesome friends from college. It had been SO LONG since we'd seen one another, and we had a lot to catch up on. One of the girls I consider one of my best friends from college, and she and I stayed two hours after the restaurant closed and just talked. I missed her so much...it was nice to catch up and to spend some interrupted time with some of my dearest friends. We ate at Thai Cafe, too...one of my fave restaurants in Stillwater. Yummay.

So I've started two more on my list, and I'm close to getting JJ's birth certificate ordered - I just need to write a check and send it off. If I do it now, I should have it right after the new year...I'm not sure how long those things take to get processed, but I'm sure it'll take at least a month, if not longer. It took me four months to get my new tags for my car...I'm hoping his birth certificates don't take THAT long, but we'll see. I'll be happy to get that out of the way - I'll feel like my son has the important documents he needs in his life right now. Now, if only his mommy could get her name legally changed...I've been married almost a year and haven't done it. Oops.

Life is going better, for the moment. Work has been super hectic; I've decided that I'm gonna have to start scheduling my time out throughout the day. It's pathetic that I have to do that, but that's what it's coming down to right now. I have no idea how I'm going to get everything crammed into the day, but I'm going to try my best. Family life is getting better; Thanksgiving was so awesome. I didn't leave my house any other time during my long weekend home except for the basketball game. I didn't even go Black Friday shopping; I did all my shopping online. It was so nice not to deal with the stores this year - I don't know what I was thinking when I went to the stores 39 weeks pregnant last year [never.again.]...my OB would've killed me if he knew I did that right before my son was born.

JJ's going to be one in three days! How bizarre is that?! My mind keeps reverting back to this week last week, when I found out I'd be induced on the 4th, how I felt, how anxious I was [and how i wanted him so desperately to come on his own because i was scared of being induced]...my last days at work, the day he was born...I remember all of that so clearly now. It's amazing how all of that has flooded back to me after a year; I'm pretty sure that week is the clearest remembered week in my entire life. I still can't believe that he's almost a year old and a toddler. I have GOT to start taking more pictures of him...and loading them to my own computer instead of the home one.

I would write more, but I've got to get to bed - I've already been up almost 24 hours. I'm gonna need coffee in the morning, that's for sure.

No comments: