5.17.2010

Another book down!

http://amyletinsky.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/confessions-shopaholic.jpg


So. I finished my next book just a little while ago:


My sister owns a lot of her books, and I found it in her room - so I took it and started reading it. I'd seen the movie and never read the book, so I was curious to see how true the movie was to the book.

Um...yeah. The movie was almost nothing like the book. I was sorely disappointed, because the book was an awesome read. I'm pretty sure 85 percent of what was in the book didn't land in the movie at all. No wonder my sister said the movie was dumb.

The book centers on Rebecca Bloomwood, a financial journalist by day but fashionista and shopping guru by heart. This girl just cannot figure out how to save and pay down debt. She wants to buy everything she sees, no matter if she needs it or not. The tale weaves through her life of desperation, loneliness, unhappiness...then to peace, acceptance and happiness. I much prefer the book to the movie and am now going to dig through my sister's old room to find Sophie's other books.

I will say that I thought Rebecca daydreamed just a little too much for my liking. She read into everything WAY too much, which is kinda how the last book I read went. Maybe I just don't have the patience for that type of daydreaming, but it made the novel drag on a little bit too long for me. And, I will admit, the daydreaming parts almost made me put the book down and forget about it. But once I got halfway through it, I fell in love and finished in no time. What a surprise read.

Today will probably be a busy day for us. We have some minor Air Force emergency to take care of today, then we'll head on base so I can (hopefully) get my ID card. Both JJ and I were down with food poisoning over the weekend, so I hope our stomachs can handle the one-hour drive (especially his). Hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments: