5.18.2010

Frustration.

I learned quite a bit today when it comes to my new life in the Air Force. I learned it the hard way, too.

I went to OKC yesterday to pick up a copy of JJ's birth certificates because J went to BMT without it. His recruiter was told a copy of JJ's birth certificate would be obtained before J left since we weren't able to get a copy ourselves, but that never happened. [note to self: definitely should've went and picked the certificates up myself]. So, I got my stuff for my ID/DEERS enrollment, but JJ didn't. Awesome, but no big. So, I get the birth certificates, wind my way to Tinker to get my ID...and, the ID place had closed 13 minutes before I got there. UGH.

But whatever, no big. The lady at the visitors' center gives me the number for the ID place and what she thought the hours were [open from 0730-1530 every weekday], so I called today to see what their hours were. Um, they're only open from 0730-1530 on TWR. They're open from 1030-1530 MF. There goes my plans to drive down Thursday night, hang out with sis and head to base first thing Friday morning. So I ask the lady what I need to bring with me. Two forms of ID - knew. Marriage license - didn't know.

Well, hell. J has our marriage license. He was told to take the original [they already had our notarized copies since that's what J took to MEPS], so he took it. And now, I, living two hours away from the town we got married in, have no marriage license. And there was NO mention of taking my marriage license in the packet of info I got, so I thought I was clear. Yeah no. So, after an hour of wracking my brain and stressing, I called the county clerk, got two copies held, and I'm hoping my mom can pick them up and meet me halfway to drop them off. Note to self: MUST get copies of ALL our birth certificates, marriage license and Social Security cards. MUST.

So now, game plan is to meet Mom halfway, spend night with sister and head to base first thing Thursday morning. Um, the weather's supposed to turn to crap tomorrow. Seriously weather?! Hasn't Oklahoma had enough?! THIRTY-FOUR tornadoes last week, a massive hail storm that caused millions more in damage to add on top of those freaking tornadoes...this is getting ridiculous now! I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I'm praying the weather holds so I can drive down. I HAVE to get this taken care of this week; work won't allow me to get away after this week due to enrollment. I'm stressed out about this, annoyed, slightly pissed...but everything happens for a reason, right? I just hope it all works out so I can get this done. Living so far from the nearest base is a real inconvenience. Sigh.

I'm still frustrated that I don't feel well, too. I think JJ and I came down with food poisoning over the weekend, because we were pretty sick on Sunday. I still don't feel that hot after I eat, and JJ's still a little sick, too. I love my food and hate that I can't eat what I want right now...it's driving me nuts. I couldn't even finish my sandwich at lunch today because I started to feel sick, and I felt sick most of the afternoon. Grrr. I just hope I feel well by the weekend - my mom's making some delicious food, and I want to be able to stuff my face!

I'm hoping tomorrow isn't as bad as my mind's envisioning and that the weather isn't too bad, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I'm sick of weather, sick of driving back and forth to not get anything accomplished, sick of feeling sick...but tomorrow is a new day, and I have faith it'll be a great one. :)


1 comment:

Ms. Understood said...

Wow . . . you are going to A LOT. Sorry. Hopefully after tomorrow everything will be worked out.