7.23.2010

My insecurities will NOT get the best of me.

Over the weekend, J got orders. He wound up getting them switched during the week, so our original orders have changed.

Sometime within the next year, I'll be moving to Colorado.

I'm still really nervous about it...I'm not sure it's sunk in all the way yet (although I've already started making plans, looking at housing etc.). I've lived in Oklahoma for a very long time now and pretty much grew up here. My family's still here, my alma mater's here, my hometown is here...and we'll be moving 10 hours away. I haven't lived more than 2 hours away from them ever, so this will be a huge change for me.

I don't do well with change. I get really anxious about change - to the point to where I've made myself sick over it in the past. Change brings out all the insecurities in me - will I make new friends? How will I adjust? How long will I be there? How will the homesickness be for me? Will I get used to the Air Force life? How much will our lives change when we move? Will I find a job? Get base housing? My mind is spinning in a million different directions about this upcoming move - and I'm probably not leaving for a few more months, at least.

Besides getting married and becoming a mom, this will be one of the biggest changes in my life. I've been looking forward to this move, because it means that J and I will finally, FINALLY live under the same roof and get to start our lives as a married couple with a young child. This long-distance relationship stuff is old; I'm ready to wake up in his arms, come home to him, make dinner for him. The big move is really making me nervous though.

J will report before JJ and I do, and we're still working out all the kinks since we JUST got orders. I just hope that this move will be a smooth one and the one that our family has needed for quite some time. When I push past my insecurities, I'm really excited about this move. I love snow, I've always wanted to go to Colorado, we'll be living near a really populated area, the base seems nice...I feel like this will be a good change for us. Getting to that change - for me, at least - will be the hard part.

No comments: