11.11.2010

Happy Veteran's Day!

This morning, I'm going to take time out to thank a special group of people: veterans.

I know everyone's definition of a veteran is different, but to me, a veteran is anyone who has served in the military. If you made the commitment to serve this country - and to fight [and possibly die] for this country if so needed - you're a veteran. And today, I thank you.

Thank you for making the commitment to protect the millions of people who live in this country, the flag and this nation. Thank you for risking your life to make sure that I can sleep at night. Thank you for deciding that this country and what it stands for is worth fighting for.

Thank you to those who have fought and died for this nation. From the Revolutionary War to the McAlester solider KIA on Monday, all of the lives that have been lost so that this country can prosper will never, ever be forgotten.

Thanks, Dad, for giving 24 years of your life to the Army. For your willingness to protect this country and fight for it. Even though this year made five years since you retired, you continue to help this country by serving as a civilian contractor to the Army. You make me proud every single day.

Thanks, J, for deciding that the Air Force is something you wanted to do. I know that you're proud to be in that uniform and are ready to go if needed. I worry about you every day, worry about what could happen if you get deployed - but more than that, I'm so, so proud of you. I'm proud to be your wife - the wife of an Airman.

Thanks to my little brothers, my friends, my cousin, and all the mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, boyfriends...everyone who's serving. I wish I could come up with more words to thank you, but I just can't. But please know that you have my undying gratitude, thanks and respect for what you do or have done for this country - and for me.

Happy Veterans Day.


My dad, sister and I at his retirement ceremony in May 2005 - 24 years Army!

My own special Airman at his BMT graduation in June 2010 - so proud of you babe!

No comments: