11.25.2010

I'm thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving all! I know I've neglected the blog for a few days...I've been too busy to write a meaningful post, but as it's [near the end of] Thanksgiving, I wanted to dedicate a post to what I'm thankful for. People have been posting lists of 10 or 25 things that they're thankful for - I'll do 25. :)

1. I'm thankful for my husband. He's my best friend, my love, my everything. No relationship is perfect, and ours is no exception. It hasn't been easy, but I love him with everything I have. He makes me happy, and he's my forever.

2. I'm thankful for our beautiful little boy. Mommyhood has been the most rewarding thing that's ever happened to me, and I love that little boy more and more every single day. I'm so grateful he's in my life.

3. I'm thankful for my parents. They're an incredible support system and have been there for me through thick and thin. I couldn't have asked for a greater set of parents.

4. I'm thankful for my little sister. She's my best friend and the coolest person ever. She balances me out, makes me laugh and is the most fun person ever to hang out with. I'm so glad she's my sissy.

5. I'm thankful for my car. I don't care if it's a Ford Taurus. I've put a good 70K on it since I bought it in '06, and it's still going strong. It's a great car.

6. I'm thankful for my job. It's the best.job.ever.

7. I'm thankful for my friends. They keep me sane, keep me grounded and are always there.

8. I'm thankful for my bestie. She and I have been best friends since 5th grade. She's the coolest person I've ever met and is the most supportive friend I've ever had. We'll always be best friends - always.

9. I'm thankful for my mom's cooking. She is the best freaking cook on the planet. I wish I could cook like her.

10. I'm thankful for my alma mater. Never in a million years did I think that I would wind up at OSU, but I did - and enjoyed every single moment of it. I had the best college experience, love the town, and love that I'm still associated with it. I will ALWAYS bleed orange.

11. I'm thankful for books. They were my good friends throughout school, and we're becoming reacquainted. They've led me on some great adventures.

12. I'm thankful for my dogs. They're such great dogs, very loving, and they make life very interesting. They're so cute.

13. I'm thankful for my travels. I've been to a lot of different, cool places, and I'm grateful I had that opportunity. I'm looking forward to going more places in the future [next stop: colorado].

14. I'm thankful for sports. I wish I could explain why I love sports so much, but I just can't. It's become an important part of my life, a great conversation starter with my equally-loving-of-sports husband, and it's given me a new connection to my alma mater and surrounding sports teams. I love it.

15. I'm thankful for my extended family. I know I don't see them often, but I love them all very much. I hope to make trips to see them soon.

16. I'm thankful for my hair. I know I complain about it a lot [maybe not in my blog, but in real life, i definitely do], but it's so awesome to have naturally curly hair. I only have to work to straighten it - which I hardly do anyway, so it works in my favor.

17. I'm thankful for big purses. They've made toting things around very, very easy.

18. I'm thankful for cameras. They help me capture the most important memories I'll ever have. Now, if only I could find the charger for my camera...

19. I'm thankful for the Internet. It's made my life so much different, opened new doors to new worlds...it's amazing how something like that has made life so much different from previous generations.

20. I'm thankful for Oklahoma. I know a lot of people don't like this state, but I love this state and just about everything about it. I'm going to miss it when we leave, but I'll always come back - and it'll always be home.

21. I'm thankful for chocolate. Seriously. It's made life's crazy moments easier to handle.

22. I'm thankful for this country. Even though we're in a down time right now, I love being in America. It's the most awesome country in the world. God bless America.

23. I'm thankful for technology. It's made it possible to still talk to my dad and my husband, even though they're not here. Five years ago, that wouldn't be possible.

24. I'm thankful for my and my family's health. We've had some issues and scares in the past, but for the most part, my faimly is still happy and healthy. I pray that it continues.

25. I'm thankful for my life. I love my life and everything that I have, I've gone through...while life isn't always easy, I absolutely would not trade my life for anyone else's.

So, as we wrap up this year's Thanksgiving, I hope you think about what you're thankful for and take time out to thank those you're grateful to have in your life. I hope you al also enjoyed the food, family and football that come along with the holiday - I sure did [minus the football - we watched movies all day]. Tomorrow, we'll let the countdown to Christmas begin - but for the last 10 minutes of Thanskgiving 2010, send thanks.

No comments: