3.18.2011

No. 67 done!

Overall, March has been a rough month. My grandfather's very sick, J's deployed...it's just been a rough month. However, the bright spot in this whole mess [besides my trip to visit J, our anniversary and our birthdays] was the completion of no. 67: attend three concerts.

My best friend and I saw Lady Gaga in OKC back in July - and fell in love. I'll admit...I was a fan, but not a huge fan. I just went really to say "Hey, I saw Lady Gaga!" But after her show, I was a full-out fan. She's amazing live, she puts on a rockin' show, and I had a blast. So the very next day, bestie and I dropped $200 [each] to see her in Dallas on March 14.

Now, I typically don't buy tickets that far in advance unless I know the show is going to sell out. Those tickets had gone on sale days before, so I was afraid our seats would suck. Um, no - they didn't suck.


Needless to say, I'm glad we got the tickets - and I'm glad we went to the show. The last time I saw her, I only knew the songs on the radio. This time, I knew almost every single word - I was so proud. I'm pretty sure the people around me thought I was weird because I knew all the words, but whatev - isn't that a reason why you go to concerts? Even though this was the same tour we saw the first time, she added some new songs, and it was better than the first time we went. I'm tellin' you, she has got the most freaking amazing voice ever. I plan on seeing her live again the next time she goes on tour, no matter how far I have to travel.

Gaga! She's amazing!
Headed to the Monster Ball!
She even performed "Born This Way" - ah!


One thing I learned during this trip though - I'm definitely getting older. I was so tired the next day...we both had to work the next day, bestie had to work a 12-hour shift, and I had to drive back to Stillwater...so we will absolutely be renting a hotel if we go to a show there again. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that sometime next year, she'll go back on tour. Her new album drops May 23rd, and I fully intend on making that CD the second one I buy that goes towards this list.

No comments: