7.02.2011

Another book down. Sweet.

I'm telling you - I'm on a book roll right now. In the span of a week, I've finished THREE books. And, I'm about to start a fourth that I hope to get through fairly quickly. I can't believe it. I might actually get my 25 books read - wow.

So my next book was recommended by one of my friends who is a pretty avid reader: Anna and the French Kiss.
The story follows Anna, a high school senior whose cheesy author dad sends her to boarding school in Paris. What seems like a completely unfair and selfish move on behalf of her disconnected dad turns into one of the most memorable years ever for Anna, who learns how to let go in more ways than one. I honestly thought it would be stupid cheesy, but nope - it was well-written, extremely descriptive and ridiculously cute. It made me want to study in Paris for a year, find my own Etienne St. Clair and fall head over heels for him [as a 17-year-old single girl, of course].  The author, Stephanie Perkins, is coming out with another book in September...I totally can't wait to read it.

The next book I'm going to start is an historical fiction piece on Madame Tussaud [yes, the wax museum person]. It was another one that came recommended by the same person who recommended Anna and the French Kiss, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I probably won't get it started until Sunday, but I'll have plenty of time to read during the last part of this weekend and on Tuesday. I love that I'm back into books and can focus on reading again. I've missed books.

Anyway. I'm so glad it's the weekend. Yesterday was rough enrollment-wise, and this week seemed to draaaaaaaaaaaag on. I can't believe the 4th of July is already here; where has the summer gone? We're already halfway through it! One of my friends posted on a national board I visit that there are only 64 more days until OSU college football tips off...seriously? I remember when the days were in the 80s. I can't believe it'll be here before we know it. I need some college football in my life...the NBA locked on yesterday, and it makes me sad. The sides are so far apart that no telling how long they'll negotiate or if we'll even have a season. Sigh. I don't get al these contract things, but I wish they'd be resolved quickly without much damage.

But the sports talk is for another day. I really just wanted to come talk abotu the book, since I've read three since last Friday. I'm totally excited about books again!

No comments: