12.31.2011

Thnks fr th Mmrs 2011 [part one].

I know I've been saying it to myself for most of the year...

...but seriously. Where the heck has the year gone?!

It seems like yesterday I was ringing in 2011, but now it's just about over. It's the last day of the year, and I'm now forcing myself to accept the fact that a new year is upon us and this one is quickly drawing to a close. 2011 has been a year of ups and downs for me, but there have definitely been more awesome moments than sad moments this year. In no particular order, I present 5 of my 10 favorite memories of 2011:

1. Watching my baby boy grow into a toddler. JJ turned 3 earlier this month, and the fact that he's 3 is still blowing my mind. He grew so much this year...from potty training to ditching the pacifier to forming full sentences, it's been a fun year as a mommy. It's been amazing to watch him grow and develop - and to teach him the way of sports. He loves watching basketball and playing with his basketball and soccer goals...yes. This mama is starting her son out early on the sports. I adore that boy more and more every day.

JJ and I in January 2011...
...and JJ in November 2011. Big kid!
2. Going to Vegas with my sister. My sister has had this thing lately with taking trips for her birthday [she already has plans to go to DisneyWorld for her 25th, and we spent her 23rd birthday in Dallas and went to Medieval Times]. For her 24th, she decided to go to Vegas - and I definitely said I was going. Not even having my gallbladder removed four days before the trip would stop me from going. This was my third trip to Vegas, and it was by far my most fun - went with a great group of girls, had lots of yummy drinks, and I didn't pay to get into a single club. I can't wait to go back!

Made a new friend at Caesar's Palace. :)
Me and the girls, starting the trip off right - limo ride to the hotel!
3. Reconnecting with family. My paternal grandfather passed away in March, and my family decided to go to the funeral. My dad spent nearly 24 hours flying home from Afghanistan, then we drove 24 hours [straight] to North Carolina to be with my family. We almost didn't go, but I'm so, so glad we did. Before the trip, I hadn't seen my dad's side of the family in more than 10 years - and to reconnect with them was fantastic. Even though I spent my 25th birthday at my grandfather's wake, being with my family was incredible. I hope to visit in 2012.

My wonderful Aunt Glo, me and sis.
Pretty girls! Cousins Chernessa and Tiffany [plus baby!] with JJ, sis and me

4. Spending time with my husband. I adore my husband - more than I can put into words. But I haven't spent a lot of time with him this year because of deployment schedules and us living in separate cities [for now]. I did, however, get to spend more than just 48 hours with him three times this year - Colorado in March [the Springs is freakin' beautiful]; here in August when he came to help me out after surgery; and right now. He came home on the 23rd and is here for two more days. I'll miss him when he leaves, but I cherish the time we've had this year and know we'll have more of it in 2012 when he's back from deployment. I love you J.

Hubs and I on 12.30.11. After 7 years, 2.5 years of marriage and a little boy, we're still going strong.

5. OSU football season. Yes - a couple of sporting events will make my list, starting with this year's football season. Now, I've been an OSU fan since I started there in 2004 - and I've always faithfully stood by their side, through thick and thin, since the 2004 season. I can honestly say, though, that I never saw this season coming. I thought last year would be as good as it got for awhile - boy was I wrong. OSU finished 11-1, won their first Big 12 championship, beat OU for the first time since I was in high school, and they had their highest BCS rank ever AND will play in their first BCS game ever. While I'm still a little bitter about the national championship snub, this year will forever go down as the best ever. So proud of my Cowboys!

Sis and I at the OSU/KState game in November. Proud OSU grads baby!
Bedlam aftermath: storming the field. That night was EPIC.
It's nearly 3am now  - and husband keeps tossing and turning, which means my typing is waking him up - so I should head to bed and finish this in the morning. As you can see, 2011 was full of memories and fun times...my final five will be up soon. :)

No comments: